49

Regan was sitting on her bed, her knees to her chest and she couldn't help but feel a range of uncertain emotions. She felt satisfaction for the fight that she survived and didn't give up, however she also felt a pang of guilt, fearing that her attacks were similar to the attacks of an evil one.

She knew that it was the way to survive, there wasn't any other way to overcome Vesper. She kept reassuring herself that Vesper didn't end up really bad, because she didn't lose either.

The night had already taken place, a long night. She had eaten minutes ago, she measured so. Now, she had grown extremely impatient and mad at her situation.

There was something hidden about her past that she didn't know. But what could it be? No matter what, she couldn't get his words out of her mind, you don't know whose blood runs in your veins. She had recently recalled him saying that, and since then, it haunted her.

She was very curious and eager to know, although she had to wait until the sun rose again. It was night and the least she wanted was to do something that'll make her drown in deep shame.

She had gotten a cough and a sore throat. It was because she ended up drenched in freezing water. She hoped that it wouldn't get any other symptoms because she wasn't willing to get sick in an unknown planet now.

She found a set of blue pajamas in the closet and wore them. The fabric was made of cotton and provided a gentle embrace as she settled into bed. Despite the lingering unease, exhaustion from the day's events soon took its toll. As she lay under the dim light filtering through the window, her mind wandered with a mixture of pride, guilt, and curiosity. The bed was comfortable as always and she didn't really have trouble sleeping, unlike what she had had before.

The morning sun cast a warm glow across the castle, signaling the start of a new day. Regan awoke with a clear purpose in her mind. The remnants of the previous night's unease clung to her, but the resolve to seek answers surpassed any hesitation.

She rose from her bed, determined to confront Sirius about the cryptic words and unravel the mysteries surrounding her past. The cold from yesterday had worsened her cough, but she brushed it off, refusing to let physical discomfort hinder her quest for truth.

Something else was rising her unease; she wanted to avoid Vesper. She wasn't afraid, but knew that Vesper's pride must have been very wounded from what happened.

She changed her clothes and paced around nervously. She hoped that she wouldn't get awkward or embarrassed. It was the least thing she wanted now. After she saw the sun's position, she thought she had waited enough. Quietly, she stepped out of her chamber, her gaze meeting with the empty dark corridor that held an eerie silence. Her steps echoed around as she walked to the stairs which led the way upstairs.

She met with the dark pentagon corridor, a corridor that gave her the chills. Then, her determination started to wash away, her anxiety kicking in, her thoughts rushing with unease.

However, she didn't leave. It was nearly impossible to go near that door, but she decided to wait there, wait for the sorcerer to show his face.

She waited reluctantly until she suddenly felt his presence around. Before she could do anything, he emerged from the darkness of the other hallway. He was dressed in his usual regal attire and his raven hair was messy, as if he had been running his hand on it. His expression was stoic and cold and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw Regan there.

"What are you doing here?" he blankly asked.

"I have to talk," she shortly replied, trying to avoid eye contact.

""To talk?" he raised an eyebrow, "to what do I owe the pleasure that you want to talk to me?" he asked, that handsome smirk finding its place on his face.