Chapter Twenty-One ۞ Revelations

Valeriana was confused at the sudden request of the king's brother to speak with Zander. It wasn't only her, though. Even Coral and Cail had their knickers in a twist over it.

With everything going on, they still refused to 'smile' as Lienhard requested of them. It was unreasonable, anyway.

PC Class ended and so did her other lessons for the day. Valeriana navigated the long hallways of the Academy when she had her name bouncing off the halls all of a sudden, leaving her too stunned and bewildered to continue walking. As she looked behind, she saw three familiar faces coming at her like a speeding car.

"Miss Valeriana!"

"We missed you!"

"You're really back!"

They were not different from little kids just then. Quincy, Zoel, and Poulette were a sight to see. They halted right in front of Valeriana and bowed at the waist briefly before looking up at her with big grins. Poulette had a salute ready when he stood.

"You'll be glad to hear about the progress of our official support club!"

"Well, hello! I missed you guys too! Sorry for not telling you I was leaving. It wasn't exactly something I could say." She chortled. "What's up? What support club?"

"Of your supporters, of course!" Zoel pulled up a paper in front of Valeriana's face and revealed writings scribbled over it.

'Roaring Tiger Support! Let us show the fifth-ranker is not just any weakling!'

Val coughed out a laugh. The catchphrase wasn't exactly catchy--a bit on the overused and corny side but it brought her good mood.

She was sort of glad the hallways were wide enough that they did not crowd it too much. With classes dismissed, the presence of the students in the hallways was the farthest thing from scarce.

"You guys come up with the weirdest things." She told them fondly. "What else were you up to while I was gone?"

"Practicing the team chant!" Quincy squealed. "Quick! Quick! Show her what we practiced!"

"Before that!" Poulette pulled somebody from behind them and nudged a girl around their age forward. "She wanted to become your aide, too!"

"Oh." Valeriana smiled at the familiar face, although somewhat shocked at first. She quickly recovered and responded. "Your name is Hayne, right? The one from before?"

The girl froze, her eyes widening as huge as saucers. The exaggerated reaction made her seem like a deer in the headlights until Poulette gave her another push that snapped her out of the state she was in.

"Y-YES!" She exclaimed so loud her voice reverberated. "IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND TO TAKE ME IN AS YOUR AIDE, I WOULD BE H-H-H-H . . ."

If it wasn't more amusing, she began to look like a frightened cat.

Valeriana grimaced, but felt amused. She never felt so loved. "Aren't you just adorable?" She giggled, reaching out to give the girl a huge hug. "Why the heck not! It wouldn't harm anybody if there's another addition to the group!"

"Yes!" All three chorused. "Hayne's a member!"

"Now to practice the chant!" Quincy squealed.

They grouped and formed a straight line. Out of nowhere, drum beats echoed and a chorus of voices sang.

"Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oah! Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oah! You're gonna hear her ROAR! "

People were watching.

"Okay, guys!" Valeriana clapped. "Save this one for later since we're getting weird looks." She told them, winking. "Not to mention I still have a meeting to attend to. The Summer Festival's preparations are up to us, so we're a little busy. If you guys are up to it, we can find the time to watch your chant!"