Chapter Thirty-Six ۞ Grand Opening

Headmaster Kylon called in the Twelve before the start of the festival. The Circle was left wondering what he needed them for, especially when they were busy managing last minute adjustments.

When they got to his office, they saw him seated on his big chair, on his desk were piles of blue clothing with gold linings and buttons.

"This will be the new uniform of the Celestial Circle." He said, smiling. "For this festival, you wear them for the first time."

He called their names one at a time and handed them their respective attires, smiling at the dubious and excited look on their faces.

"Do try them on immediately." Kylon continued. "They're washed clean, of course. After you put them on, it's time to open the gates."

"Amazing." Brindon commented.

"Say awe-mazing instead!" Aneeka exclaimed.

The Twelve rushed back to the residences to prepare, a bit taken aback by the surprise the Headmaster gave them. Even so, it made things all the more tiltillating.

Valeriana nervously pulled in the uniform, slipping into the undershirt first. It had a high collar that hugged her neck, not too tight to suffocate her. The cuffs were trimmed with ruffles and the buttons were flat and silver in color. She tucked the loose end of her top into the pants.

The pants, on the other hand, although practically the same with the previous design, was no longer white. Instead, it was royal blue in color similar to the outer coat.

And this was when it got exciting. The outer coat had folded cuffs, a stiff collar, and had overlapping flaps for the front. Valeriana had to button it up on the area between her shoulder and collar bone.

She pulled the silken cloth and wound it around her neck expertly. After a long while of doing this everyday, she had gotten used to putting on the cravat by herself. Afterwards, she grabbed the unique cravat chain that hung from one end by her chest and clipped it to the other side. The academy's well-known seal sat on the right side of her chest.

The most interesting part? Her rank was embroidered with a clean, golden thread on the right arm.

Five.

This just felt so daunting.

Walking out to the lobby after she was done changing to meet with the others, they all headed out for the Grand Opening.

Of course, they all pulled off wearing the new uniforms like professionals. Needless to say, they all looked amazing.

"The new uniform sure is very suiting! The design is marvelously thought out. The details are a fine piece of art." Raziel's eyes were pinned to the mirror as he turned and twisted to examine himself in it.

"Are you all ready?" Corvan eyed his co-rankers, pulling on his collar as though adjusting to the change of clothes.

He looked proud wearing the number one, though.

"Tell me you jest!" Tamara jumped, her eyes shimmering. "We have worked our behinds off for three whole weeks nonstop and that's all you can say?"

Corvan looked momentarily irritated by her comment but did it did not last long. "Then let me rephrase what I just said." He instead replied. "Are you prepared to open the gates? Because whether you answer yes or no, we cannot turn back."

"Let us make this festival a success." Rowe told his co-rankers.

"Can I just say something before we go?" Keelan interjected, his eyes wide as his foot shifted against the floor. He examined them as though they were most intriguing.