Chapter Sixty-Three ۞ Double Trouble (pt. 2)

In the end, they all fell in, screaming their throats out as they rushed down the infinite darkness below.

"On the other hand," she paused as the wind billowed at her face, her hair whipping at her face. "I'm gonna kill you all!" Valeriana yelled furiously, her stomach clenching uncomfortably as they continued to fall.

Omar was screaming his throats out along with everybody else, but his voice was louder than the rest. Their surroundings got darker as they got deeper and, in no time at all, they could not see a thing.

"Gavin! Fire! Light some fire!"

"I—" The lord stuttered. "The wind is too strong and I—"

And then it clicked.

"Do you guys know rocket ships?!" She screamed.

"What?"

"Of course you don't! Why did I ask?" She grumbled. "Saeed! Omar! You two are fire-wielders right?"

"Yes!" Omar replied.

"Sorry! But my element is wind!" Saeed yelled back.

"Can you two somehow work against this thing?"

"You mean—"

"Yes! And do it now! We'll probably fall to our—"

Gavin was first, he prepared himself. "Hold onto me!" He yelled to the person next to him. When he felt that the grip was more secure, he held out both his hands to the direction of the ground and released a wild bout of flames.

The force of his element roaring at the ground's direction moved them at a better and slower speed. Omar immediately came after him and did the same.

"Saeed!"

"What?"

"Do something, fool!" Omar screamed.

"What—fine!" Saeed commanded the currents to circle beneath them.

Valeriana felt a stir beneath her feet, and with everyone working together, they felt their fall further slowing down into a safer pace. She could finally give a sigh of relief, however, it did not last long. Having to keep up everything was not that easy.

"This is—this is hard!" Gavin said. "I cannot . . ."

When Gavin gave in, Omar followed, and Saeed as well.

The darkness surrounded them once again, their screams resuming. The echo bounced right back at them and, suddenly, they came in contact with the ground.

Though it was a bit painful, considering the length felt like a two-story building after the rocket incident, they could've not asked for a better ending. Despite the aches on her lower back, Valeriana was thankful—it really did seriously feel like she was going to die. She looked up at the distant sky—a very distant sky. The opening of the abyss looked like a trek worth a month of walking and climbing.

A light burst to light up the surroundings. Omar, with a ball of fire in his hand, looked to be on the verge of crying.

"Great, you guys. You just managed to get us into an abyss. How in the name of Arland are we going to go back?!" He screamed at them.

Valeriana sat up with a frown and winced as she uncomfortably moved her bruising arm. She had a hard time moving, as though her entire body was made of lead. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't dance and stomp your feet like a stupid child!" She blamed him.

"I was only trying to help! If you hadn't started singing, that creature wouldn't have woken! If it didn't roar, we would still be up there!"

"So you're blaming me?!" Valeriana angrily huffed, lifting her head to glare at him.