Chapter Forty ۞ It Takes Two to Tango

The next day, the Celestial Twelve were more organized and prepared than they originally were. The gates opened in the intended time and people entered in crowds as many as before. The team assigned for the maintenance had been busy all morning. It was hard trying to manage the damaged facilities due to the fact that the head, who was Brindon, was out due to back strain. Because of this, Corvan, being the one of the most responsible and hard-working of the team as he was labeled, assumed all the responsibilities and had been occupied ever since.

Of course, the other teams who were not too busy offered their assistance to finish the job faster. Because of this cooperation, the whole thing was going smoothly.

The one with the most damage had been the arena, and since it was needed for the coming fight of the twins, hasty reparations were in order even when the festival was already in action.

The DevDept was helping out, of course, since they knew the architectural design and structure of the whole place. They were the ones spearheading the renovation from the very beginning. The Knights' Wing did most of the handy jobs and dirty work but it was to be expected since they were more adept in terms of physical labor.

It had been tiring for the Circle once again. They began engaging in hands-on activities--climbing ladders, hammering nails, and even as much as carrying new construction materials when the situation called for it. Valeriana, in particular, had taken off the first layer of her uniform which left her in her long-sleeved, white blouse to help with the rearrangement of the things inside the exhibits she was assigned with. No matter how much it was restricted to touch the displays pertaining to the different weapons and instruments related to knightly works, a few, curious fellows were undoubtedly unstoppable. Most of the other visitors were disciplined and obedient but some were just stubborn.

Well, that was inevitable in every situation.

Even so, the biggest attraction, the Death Tunnel, was in good working condition. Tamara said she was going to try it later that afternoon if she found the time, but the thought was impossible in itself since she could not leave the announcing room. She was the voice of the festival after all. Her constant presence was required at all times. None of them could possibly leave behind their assignments unattended.

"Miss Valeriana, you should really take your rest. You're all sweaty." Said Quincy as she handed over a cool towel.

Valeriana accepted it gratefully and dabbed off the thin layer of sweat coating her face. "You should really start dropping the miss. You shouldn't emphasize I'm single."

She laughed loudly at that joke. "Then you should probably start seeing the baron." Her aide suggested.

Her brows shot up at that. "The baron? Who's that?"

"Sir Zion. The Baron of Brunhild." She replied casually, raking some rubbish towards her body with her hands. She stuffed them in bags. "He is of Arlandian nobility, do you not know?"

"Yes, I knew. What I didn't know about is his position. He's a baron? That sort of rhymes with his name . . ." She trailed off thoughtfully, her strange ideas bouncing inside her head.

Quincy laughed again. "Really, miss. I can't help but find your sense of humor amusing."

"I wasn't even trying to be humorous." She told her, wondering what in the world was funny when she was only being herself. "I wonder why everyone in this world finds me interesting and funny." Valeriana sighed as she turned back to work.

"It's because you're Miss Valeriana. That's why you're funny and interesting . . ." She then stood up, her arm heavy with the trash.

"Here, let me help you with that." Valeriana rushed forward to take care of the other bag she was supposed to take.