Chapter Thirty-Two ۞ Here Comes the Twelve

Zander sighed all-so-suddenly and shot his gaze to the door. The smile on his lips disappeared and he regained the rigid expression he had on.

Sauntering towards the entrance to his office, he pulled the knob open and in came crashing were the four Zeniths that belonged in the same team as them.

"How many times did I have to tell you people your eavesdropping will not work on me?" He chided, threatening them with a glower.

"And just a little bit of it I thought--"

"Thought what?" Zander exchanged glances with Valeriana over his shoulder. "I have told you so many times, Leticia, get your nose out of your romance novels."

Leticia looked disappointed. "I can't help it."

"I will say it one more time." He said. "It will not be a girl and it surely will not be this girl who brings me to my feet. What you do with your time is none of my business, so I beg you not to use me in your fantasies."

It will not be a girl?

The four scampered to stand back up on their feet at this. Sai stumbled forward and fell over for the second time.

"I am assuming it's a guy, then?!" Conradine's eyes shimmered at this and her face was full of determination.

Zander looked horrified. "I didn't mean it that--"

"I am assuring you of my full support!" She did a little fist pump to express her sincerity, making Valeriana feel weirded out. "If your preferences are different, you should've said so!"

"Alright, Conradine!" Leticia grabbed the other girl's hands as though a way of encouraging each other. "If it is really that way, we will help find a pair for you!"

Conradine grabbed Sai and pushed him forward while Leticia had Axel in tow.

"Let's start with these two! Who do you prefer the most?"

Needless to say, Sai was burning up to his ears and Axel had a cheesy smile on his face as though the entire thing was a game. Zander had a noncommital look with a hint of irritation.

"S-sir . . ."

"Stop this at once. I have told you so many times, I am not in need of any lo--"

It seemed Axel had decided to ride along that he came forward and took Zander's hand in his, cutting off his sentence. Valeriana gasped at this, her jaws slacking and her stomach doing a flip.

"You should've said so from the very beginning." His voice was low and husky.

Conradine pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket and placed it around her mouth, muttering, "I am bleeding through the nose."

"By the gods, by the gods . . ." Leticia squealed.

Sai was speechless, to say the least.

Zander reddened, his entire face and ears turning darker than crimson. The horrified look intensified in his eyes that he pulled his hand back and kicked Axel on the stomach. The poor guy fell backwards, crashing onto his mates along the way.

"Enough with this stupidity!" Zander roared.

For the first time since ever, his aura flared.

"If you all do not go back to your working stations right away and rid yourself of your childish antics, I shall have your names removed from the Team Five and have you replaced!"

They all ran off like scared rats while Valeriana took this chance to leave as well.

That was shocking.