Chapter Twenty-Six ۞ Open Channels

The depth of the lord's words required a ridiculously large mind to absorb them all. Even so, fact was that the words he was saying made Valeriana feel self-conscious.

"Holes?" Her brows furrowed. "Open channels? What are they? How do I close them?"

"Open channels are inherent." He said. "They cannot be closed permanently. They feed the aura, and in turn, the soul. The closing of it only means the person has died."

"You said I'm full of them?"

"You are." He answered. "And you should only have six open channels in total. Your aura is abnormally full of them."

She shook her head, blinking down at her hands as she tried to comprehend the situation she was in. "I'm sorry . . . it's sort of hard to understand. I've only discovered a little so far. If it weren't for the guardians and their blessings, I wouldn't even know I was a Direct Controller."

"The blessings of the guardians?" He leaned back, confusion on his face. "Ah, yes, until now you thought you were human. Tell me, Valeriana, how many of these blessings you speak of have you already received in total?"

"Two."

"That explains it." Lienhard patted. "These blessings help you stabilize. I cannot tell you more than what you already know, but let me tell you this, these six open channels are normally located on these points."

He reached forward and traced the area on top of her head. "The crown." The lord then pointed on the space between her brows. "The eye." His finger pointed to her chest. "The heart, then one on the palm of each hand."

His sudden silence made her ponder.

"That's five. Where's the last?"

"The last is not visible to any eye, even mine. It is inside of you, connected to your soul. Only you can access and see this channel."

"My soul, huh? I wouldn't have believed any of this stupid crap before I became this way."

He chuckled. "Right now, the points on your eye and heart is stabilized. My guess is that if you obtain all the blessings, the unnecessary holes on your aura will disappear. Your power will inevitably be impossible to control until then."

"I need those blessings then."

"You do. But just to remove the tension in this conversation, let me tell you a little interesting fact. There is one special ability present only in each Direct User." He said. "Mine is the nullification which I have used on Lord Corvan. What do you think is yours?"

She steeled. Was it her purification?

"I'm not sure." She told him. "I don't know."

"Well, it can't be helped. We aren't even half way on unlocking you." His brows then furrowed so deep, it would probably leave wrinkles.

"What is it?"

Lord Lienhard suddenly beamed, as though he was finally back to his goofy self. "Nothing! Class dismissed!"

"But we're not even--"

He fell back on his chair and, instantly, his snores filled the room.

"Jerk." Valeriana fumed, shooting up from where she sat and stomping her way out of the room.

Soon after classes finished, Valeriana hurriedly made the arrangements and started with the selection of music. Her band's personal favorite when selecting songs for their covers had been The Band Perry, Taylor Swift, Paramore, and Maroon Five, so majority of the scores was saved on her laptop. Other than that, she had printed copies of her own sent with her things from the last monthly package.