•19•

⚠: mention of abuse, fights, blood. If anyone feels triggered feel free to skip.
-------------------------------------------------------
Bright groaned as his body was heating up very much. It's been three days already but his temperature wasn't coming to normal. Win was worried about his husband. He couldn't even go out to call the doctor as he wasn't allowed to go anywhere without Bright's permission except his sister's house.

He was beside Bright the whole three days, he was tired but still kept his hopes for Bright. There's a personal doctor of Bright's family, Win wants to call him

"Bright.. Can I call your personal doctor?" He slowly said. Bright groaned, he shook his head slightly. He couldn't utter words. "But you need a check up please" Win tried again.

"N-No" Bright uttered. Win sighed, he looked at the clock, it was time for lunch he walked out of the room. He went to the kitchen.

"Um excuse me, is lunch ready?" He asked to the maids.

"Yes sir"

Win served the foods in a plate and walked up. He stopped at noises coming from uncle's room. He didn't want to eavesdrop, but his attention was stuck there. He slowly leaned to the door to hear the noises.

Bright groaned, patted the bed sheet. He couldn't find Win. His body was sweaty, as the temperature was coming down. His mind flashed the images of Win taking care of him. He did so many bad things to him, beating him, using him. He felt guilty for doing it, his family background isn't good.

His own uncle was using him for getting up in the elections. He used him as a pawn, going homes to collect debts, beating people for respecting his uncle, his whole life was in his uncle's hands, he wants to leave Win, keep him away from the mess but his ego isn't cooperating with him.

His uncle is the one who use drugs for making him a wild man, for scaring people. But he has another reason for making Bright so much miserable. His mother. Bright's mother was captured by his uncle. His only loved person is his mom, whom he couldn't protect instead he needs to do bad things.

Now one person who was beside him every moment was Win. Win Metawin the soft boy, who's kind hearted, gentle, soft, brave. Yes Bright calls him brave mentally as the way he composes himself after being tortured by Bright was an amusing thing.

Win was becoming strong, here Bright was lacking his confidence. It's almost like giving up. After marrying Win, he felt he has changed, he was becoming weak. He always stops himself from going further with those chics. It reminds of Win.

He regrets each and every actions of his which he does to Win. He drowns himself in alcohol, he drowns his sadness. He was angry and sad on himself for bringing a kind hearted soul in the chaos of his life. Being with girls, he didn't feel scared, but with Win he felt odd. This odd feeling he first ignored it, but the more this odd person was staying with him, beside him, he's detaching himself from this dark world.

He was miserable too. He wants to open up, he wants to hold Win. He can't, his ego wasn't breaking, his sadness muddled up in his mind that he can't see any person's happiness anymore.

A long tear escaped from his eye, he was staring at the ceiling. The door creaked open, he looked at the door, Win came in with a  tray.

Win put the tray aside, helped him to sit up on the bed. Win was slightly shaking. Bright noticed it, he held his hand.

"What happened?" He asked. Win shook his head. Bright sighed "I won't do anything, don't be scared" Win nodded, he gave the plate to Bright.

Bright looked down at the plate, then looked up at Win "Won't you feed me?" Win's eyes widened. Bright smiled softly "Feed me na"

Win fed him. Bright was giving a soft look everytime he took a bite. But Win was in his own imagination, ge wasn't paying attention to Bright.

Bright felt he wasn't attentive, so he grabbed his hand, Win flinched. "What happened to you?" Win shook hi head. "Did you eat?" Win gulped and nodded his head.

"Not good at lying I see" Bright took the plate, he scooped some food, put the spoon on Win's lips. Win's eyes widened, he blinked multiple times.

"Stop showing your cute face, eat" Bright smirked as Win blushed. Both ate the food. Win was sitting beside Bright, as his husband was holding his hand. Win was sitting nervously, but Bright, he leaned his head down to Win's shoulder, closed his eyes.

"Win.. " For the first time Win heard his name called so softly fron his husband's mouth. Win shyly smiled.

"Win.. I.. I don't know how to thank you for being with me.. I know it's just a week after our wedding. I know that you aren't happy with your husband. No one, nobody cared for me at my sick times. No one came to me and asked for once how am I.. What I need. Unlucky me." Bright chuckled sadly.

"My uncle, the election is coming, he's using me to get people, more money, more muscle power".

Bright cried silently "I don't want to do it Win... I don't want to. Just because I wasn't aware, they trapped my mother in the jail, they torture her there Win. Whenever I raise my voice at them, they.. They inject drugs in my arms"

Bright cried, lifting his left arm, Win looked at it. There were several dots.

"It hurts Win.. It hurts.. No one holds me.. My pain.. My tears. No one is there for me not even my mother. I want to die Win, the only safe option for me is to die"

Win hushed him, "shh.. No need to say if it's hard for you. Every child loves their parents, they're the only shelter for them. I know it's hard for you, I don't have mom dad too, just me my sister and my grandmother. You still have uncle-"

"But he hurts me" Bright whimpered. Win sighed, he rubbed Bright's arm "I'm not good with words, maybe staying silent is the only option for you. Don't talk about dying, your mother still needs you." Win stopped talking as he don't want to continue anything regarding his family.

Both sat in a comfortable silence. Bright was feeling light after opening up to Win. He felt comfort creeping inside him, as Win was rubbing his left arm. He was longing for this touch, Win gave him.

"Will you-- can I be your friend Win?" Bright asked. Win blushed and nodded "Sure"

"I promise I won't hurt you anymore, I'll keep you safe." Bright said with closed eyes. Win looked down at Bright's head.

And what about yourself? How will you save yourself from the mouse trap Bright? I want to trust your words but I can't, not now. I'll try to keep you safe too. Win leaned his face to Bright's head.

Ok I can see many of you are having hard time reading the flashbacks two more chapters and we'll be back to present. I promise ❤ don't be sad this story has many turns, it will be a happy ending (hopefully) no more triggering things.