Lingerie ( Julia Hoffman )

" Y/N. I'm begging you. Go cheer her up because otherwise we're going to run out of glasses soon. " complained Elizabeth as soon as I finished teaching her son, David.

" What do you expect me to do? How am I supposed to do that? It's not like I have a degree in psychology, is it? "

She sighed deeply and poked the bridge of her nose.

" Don't you see? That woman is head over heels for you. "

" That's really not true. Why would someone like her want someone like me? "

" I think you should go to therapy too. You shouldn't have such a low opinion of yourself. You are worth as much as anyone else and in fact, you should think of yourself as even more and better than anyone else. "

I looked at her dubiously.

" I'm telling you, that woman likes you, but she's too shy and too stubborn to admit it. "

" And you're too stupid to see it. " said Caroline as she entered the study.

" Caroline! "

I remained silent.

Are they right? Does Julia really like me? I like her, but I'm too afraid to say anything since she's twice my age and I'm afraid she's more likely to think I'm weird if I say something.

" Tell you what. Here's some money and go to town. Rest your mind for a while, think a little about what we told you and then see what you will do with Julia. "

" No, I don't think... "

" Stop thinking and nothing to no. You go to town and do as I tell you. I am your boss and if you want to keep your job I would go quickly. " she said sternly and at the same time pushed money into my hands.

I still didn't know. I didn't know at all what I should do in that town and certainly not alone. Usually I just go with others for fun, but now I had to go alone and compulsorily.

As those thoughts flew through my mind, Caroline and Elizabeth were literally pushing me out the door.

" So. The driver will take you to town, but you will have to walk back and if you dare to come back without having bought anything, there will be some waving. " and with those words she slammed the door in my face.

I sighed deeply and started thinking about Julia again, but a car horn kept me from really going deep into my thoughts.

Arrived in town and I didn't know what to do at all. I had been just walking for 20 minutes now when another car horn made me turn around. It was Angie, the Collins family their earthly enemy, but I didn't mind her so much. Barnabas had told me the story between the two of them, but I know there are always two sides and I don't like to decide when I only know one side.

" Hey y/n, what are you doing here by yourself like this? "

" I have to. I need to buy something for myself, but I wouldn't know where to start. "

" Get in. I'll give you some help. I don't understand how you can have a problem shopping, though. It's the finest hobby you can have. "

I walked over to her flashy red car and carefully got in. It seemed very expensive, something I would never be able to afford and so I acted with caution.

The rest of the day went smoothly. Angie showed me some good stores and in some of them I actually bought something. Eventually we went back our separate ways.

I planned to go back since I completed the task, or at least half. I was not able to do anything but think. Thinking about what Caroline and Elizabeth had said, thinking about Julia and what to do with her and my feelings for her and more.