2.

The capital of the Kalika Empire, Ambikapuram, was a splendid city. Its architecture is a marvel on its own. Art at its peak.

The Royal Fort, Sri Kota, was the largest building. There were seven wings in the fort. Each wing had one main palace.
In the first wing's main palace, the court was present. The whole hall was silent. The King's foot tapped impatiently just for the one specific seat to be filled. The court was oval and had several steps. At the top was Shatrujit's throne, the King. A step below had thrones for the Patrani, the second Queen, the chief minister, and the Yuvraj, which was the only empty chair.

Amritakumari, the Patrani, sighed softly. Once again the Yuvraj had found it more important to be present somewhere else than to attend his father's court meetings.

Footsteps outside the hall got audible. Hurrying footsteps. Then, they came to a halt. A moment later, they resumed and the gold-decorated boots came into view. A lavish purple dhoti with gold borders appeared next.
Shakrajit made his appearance in the court. Shining jewelry, yellow angavastra, two daggers, and a sword. He walked up to his throne and sat down. "Excuse my late arrival. I got caught with a small issue." He muttered.

Although he apologized without saying it deliberately, it didn't reach his face. A large grin was spread on it. He was too pleased to be bothered by anything else.

His mind was rather occupied with a specific princess. Or the news of her presence in the small village an hour away from the capital for a pilgrimage. The morning had been far more pleasing with the news given to him by his spy.

The peacock-like-eyed girl was a far more interesting thought than the stupid court meetings set by his father. He had never really seen all of that ink she had on her skin. The tips of the peacock feather and sparrow were only visible.

"Yuvraj Shakrajit." The King called loudly to catch his attention. Shakra turned his head.

"Yes." He answered.

"You first arrive late and now it is difficult to catch your attention." The King expressed his displeasure.

"He has been a bit tired from the previous battle. It has just been a day. I ask His Majesty to excuse him for now." Rani Amritakumari explained on behalf of Shakra.

It was half true. Yes, he had just returned from a battle when he heard in the afternoon that Mayurakshi was at his old Gurukul. The eagerness didn't allow him to rest and urged him to immediately leave to see her. He could swear by Kalika that it was worth it. Just the sight of the girl enticed his eyes. Especially when she stood there with a bow.

Shakrajit almost thought of her as a Goddess. How else could one explain that beauty?

The moment the meeting ended, Shakra dashed to the stable. There wasn't a moment to lose. The caretaker brought his beloved Vayu. The majestic black steed. Growing up together, the two had a great connection with each other.

"Vayu, it's one of the only two things I love, so I count on your speed." Shakra patted the steed. The horse raised his front two feet and neighed loudly in response. Tapping his hooves readily. Shakra grinned and hopped on the eager Vayu.

The name was quite apt with the nature of the beast. Whether it was war or security rounds, Vayu was simply up to his name. Whether it was running with Shakra on his back or pulling his chariot, Vayu could take care of it well.
He reached the meeting spot with the spy and found the man there.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"No, hellos or greetings?" The man asked with a grin.

"Basava, seriously. I have come straight from the court." Shakra rolled his eyes.
"Oh. I'm quite serious, Bava. I do want hellos or greetings. Something."

"Basava, how are you doing? Has misfortune met you yet? Did you give my greetings to karma kicking your balls?"

"Bava, you're not getting the information out of me with that language."

"Basava, I enjoy watching her more than greeting you so get to work."

"Then pay the toll, Bava."

Shakra sighed, irritated by the stupidity, "Basava, it's nice to see you. How are you doing? How is your Amma doing?"

"Namaskaram, Bava. It's nice to see you too. Amma is doing fine. I am also fine. I surprisingly came across Mayura recently. She had arrived here in the morning. Did some sweet shopping with her maids in the bazaar. Unlike you, she bought them beautiful clothes and jewelry. Unlike you, she gave a lot of sweet loving smiles. Unlike you, she has honey words. The manager of the residence she is staying at told me that she would be visiting the temple." Basava finally opened his mouth to give information. But Shakra grabbed his throat and pushed him against a tree.
"Say that again?"

"What? Mayura?" Basava grinned, trying to get on the Crown Prince's nerves. It was his favorite game to play.

"Careful, Basava." The grip on the throat tightened.

"Well, your beloved is younger than me and the mistress to my half-sister's maid's friend's friend's elder sister. By that nature, I am allowed to call her by her name."

"Yes. Her name is Rajkumari Mayurakshi. Don't use short names for someone who is mine."

"Vadina said that?"

"Perfect." Shakra got on the horse again with a grin at the title he addressed her as.

"Bava, do be careful, her maids shoo away any man who looks at her longer than four moments."

Shakra grinned, "Don't worry about that, Basava. I always get what I want."

Basava shook his head. He could never really understand that man. His odd behaviors were beyond explanation. Instead of associating longer with his legitimate cousin, he decides to make friends with his maternal uncle's illegitimate son, Basava. Even make him his primary spy. His obsession with Rajkumari Mayurakshi. He couldn't understand why he didn't choose the favorite of King Gopala, Rajkumari Yuvika. She would be the perfect Patrani. While he could always get Mayurakshi as his interest. The power Shakrajit held could easily get him that.
Shakra went to the temple and looked everywhere but couldn't see her. Even her maids couldn't be seen at the temple. Basava couldn't be wrong at all. Did she leave the temple while Basava was playing nonsense? If it was so then he was going to maim Basava for it.
The palki of the goddess was brought out. A panchaloha idol of the Goddess was brought out for a stroll. She would be taken around the whole block. All of the people gather to see the beloved goddess. The palki was carried by several people.

Right there, next to the palki of the goddess, was the second Princess of Krishneri. A bright green saree with a sleeveless pink blouse. Shakra made a quick dash toward the palki and got right behind her.

"It is a surprise to see the Princess accompanying the palki of the Goddess of the enemy." He teased her.

"She is a Goddess. Sri Mahalakshmi. But how come, Yuvraj is here?"

"Well, I'm just hoping that carrying her palki would be the equivalent of buttering her. It's valid to butter someone if they are Hrishikesha Samragini. Perhaps he is the only one who can give me the one I desire."
It earned him a look from the girl. The way her eyes settled on him made him feel like he was the most magnetic personality in the universe.

"You might want to focus on carrying the palki properly. Don't get distracted and drop her." She told him.

-------
Don't forget to vote and comment. Pleaseee...

Also, share the story with your friends so they know about it. It takes great time to write, rewrite, and edit again to actually get you a chapter. So, please don't shy away from letting the author know you love it by voting and/or commenting.