56.

Mayurakshi decided to take a good hot bath after hurriedly bathing for days on end. As she was going past the personal study in their resting area, she walked in.

There was a letter left on the table. She walked inside, curious about the letter. 'Who could have entered here? Yuvraj doesn't really allow people to get in here.'

Mayurakshi saw a black feather set up on the parchment's seal. It was sealed with that pitch-black feather. Mayurakshi opened the seal to read the letter.

Was it immoral to read her husband's letters? Well, Shakra does mention that all of him belongs to her. Also, something put her in a suspicious place.

She opened it and saw beautiful handwriting.

A sharp sword has already been prepared. Eyes are on the sacrifice. Yama's paasha is ready. All we need is a signal.
- Maukali

Mayurakshi has always doubted Maukali being an aide to Yuvraj, but this letter has only deepened her concerns. She hadn't revealed her choices about Yuvraj previously. She didn't really know how he would react to the truth about wanting to kill him. Clearly, the Kalika Empire would first abandon her if they were to have it confirmed. Saahiti and Aparajita only blamed her and doubted her. There was no conclusive proof. But Maukali's activities are too uncertain.

"So, dear wife, she is now reading my letters." Shakra stood by the door. Mayurakshi almost jumped in surprise. Since he has gotten healthier, he has been unstoppable. Seven murders in a row have occurred, with no news emerging on how they're occurring. The Kanakotika Empire's two ministers have been assassinated by unknown assassins.

"My husband seems to be making deals with Yama."

Shakra chuckled. "You know he is called Dharmaraja, right? It would be tasteless for him to make any sort of deal. He doesn't trade anything for a soul. I feel like Alakshmi is visiting them, that's all. Alakshmi seems to be generally followed by Mrityu, the goddess of death and decay."

Shakra took the letter calmly.

"So, you are involved with Maukali?"

"Hmmm... who knows?" He put the letter on his shelf and locked it. He returned to Mayurakshi and put an arm around her shoulder. "Also, Karma was telling me we were going to visit Gurudev."

"Umhmm." She nodded, but her attention was still on the letter. Shakrajit's close involvement with Maukali meant that Shakra could know the part she played in Krishneri's uproar. The complexities of her decisions have always been her secret. Now, it would have a great effect if Shakra knew. "How often do you meet him?"

"Why are you interested in Maukali, Bangaram? The last time we had this conversation was at Veenapuram."

Mayurakshi didn't know what to say. Shakra was too clever to let any information reach her. He has always been so. He keeps the information to himself until it is his turn to make a move on the chessboard. So, even if she tried, Shakra wouldn't divulge any information to her. He might have an attraction to her and desire her, but he wasn't so much of a fool to trust anyone 100 percent unless he had tested their loyalty. Especially if Shakra knows her involvement in Krishneri's own uprising, then he wasn't so easily going to trust her.

Shakra laughed at her ice-like, emotionless expression. "Sari, odiley. Let's go and visit Gurudev."

"It isn't 'us' visiting him. It is me visiting him." She clarified.

"So, you don't want to go meet Gurudev Pati Sammetha?"

"You trouble him every single time you show up at Gurukul. Either you disrupt the classes or comment about the students' skills unnecessarily. So, I don't need you annoying him."