64.

As all the rituals finished for Veer Bai, Mayurakshi returned to her chambers.

"No welcome for your husband, Bangaram?" Shakra questioned them as they reached the courtyard in their wing. She turned around, standing in his favorite indigo blue saree, which matched with his blue dhoti.

"Isn't it obvious that in every war you go to, you will come back victorious?" She pointed, crossing her arms by her chest.

"Your husband goes to war for you, and you don't even come to give him a thank-you hug?"

"Thank you..."

"No. Not like this." Shakra demanded. Shakra stood there, unimpressed. "This is so unfair to me. I do something for you, and you brush it away with a simple thanks? Not fair. I demand equal compensation."

"You got a sister-in-law for a gift, Yuvraj. Your brother got married!! I'd argue that is compensation enough."

Shakra closed his eyes and breathed. "Don't remind me of it."

"You almost threatened to kill him?"

"What an idiot!!!" Shakra cursed Ameyajit. Mayurakshi broke into laughter at her expression. "What an idiot!!! He has the gall to say, 'I remembered Saahiti telling me that Bhai in Avadhi means brother. So, I thought it was a part of his name. How was I supposed to know Bai also means lady?'. I almost wanted to break his bloody face. Idiot!! What a fool!!"

Mayurakshi just laughed at that. "I can't imagine Ameya sitting on the mandapa, though."

"While Kshatriyas do recognize accepting the sword as a symbol of being married, I didn't really want to take a risk. I had to ensure Ameya understood that he had to take responsibility. My brother has messed up several times. He almost fell into a honeytrap with a prostitute and was almost captured by the enemy. But he took it too far this time. I was worried that the princess would have to face humiliation if Ameya had to go and tell them it was a mistake."

"Does she know at all what happened?"

"I told her. The problem is that engagements can be broken; marriages can't. You can't say it was a mistake and clean slate things after marrying someone." Shakra took off his crown, and Mayurakshi took it from him.

"Congratulations on your victory, Bharta garu." Mayurakshi congratulated him as she handed him a rose flower. Shakra grinned at the address. (Respected husband)

A rain of flowers fell from the sky over him. A burst of firecrackers was heard. The colorful, sparkling bursts colored the sky in their way. While the sparkles decorated the upper half of the sky, the flowers were decorating the lower half of the sky. All the flowers being showered were small flowers. White small jasmines, yellow senna, barleria, pink orchids, pink periwinkles, red orchids, and lavender flowers. The beautiful colors that showered over him were a surprise.

Shakra saw her grin as the flowers rained on him. She slowly walked over to him and removed the flower petals that landed on his face.

Shakra smelled a fragrance that could win his heart at all times. His favorite sweets. Kaja and Ariselu. He sighed loudly at the lovely smell of it.

"I suppose the sweet is ready." She smiled at him.

"I don't know what I wish to eat first. You or the sweets?" He sighed. Karma brought the sweets for him.

"Congratulations, Yuvraj." She congratulated him. Mayurakshi fed him the sweet. He ate half of it and fed her the rest.

"Umm..." She appreciated the sweetness.

"Ohh... I didn't know there was a party going on here... Why wasn't I invited?" Yuvika showed up with a grin. Mayurakshi took a deep breath and tried not to let it show on her face. Shakra looked at her and then turned to Mayurakshi.