66.

The three stand at the party. The dancer wore ridiculous kinds of clothing there. It was obvious that their clothes were meant to gather attention from men who had no control over themselves. Having to wear clothes like theirs wasn't pleasant for them.

"We need to be careful here. They could be anywhere." Veer told them both.

"Of course, I suppose Rajkumari should find it easy to figure out her kind." Saahiti taunted her.

"Don't you get tired of singing the same damn song, Saahiti? The same damn tune of 'you are a traitor who tried to kill our prince'? Also, could you be more disrespectful than comparing me to those invaders who have savanged innocent people's homes and destroyed people's lives? Being political against a certain prince is different from being a savage. I have never hurt an innocent in my life." Mayurakshi burned in temper as Saahiti accused her.

"You haven't proved that you aren't a threat either."

"I'm not expected to answer you. I don't need to prove anything to you. Who are you? What is my husband to you other than the prince of your home kingdom? I don't suppose you and your position in the state weigh anything in comparison to me wearing the mangalsutra around my neck. You will go away when you get married. I will stay here, and this is my home. You don't get to question my place in my home. Try that again, and you will hate me for the rest of your life."

"Bhabhi, Saahiti, please stop arguing. Here, we are a team. We can't work in a team without all of us being on the same page. Saahiti, you're being unusually stubborn. You will never find a reason to trust her when you don't even try to."

"As if she cares if I trust her or not."

"You haven't been a heaven-sent angel to me; I should want to please the likes of you, Saahiti."

"Both of you. Stop it." Veer silenced their arguments. "If you cannot put your differences aside, then I want both of you to leave. I'll figure out a way to bring all three of them to a safe place. I don't need two of you botching up the plan to save them with your infighting. This is so typical of exactly how Bharavarsha is right now. Our brave soldiers fight amongst each other, and that's why we have outsiders who succeed in destroying our homes. This is why it happened to Vijaygarh. We fought so much amongst each other that the neighboring states didn't try to help Vijaygarh out when the invaders reached for their home. We won't always be lucky with the safety net that we formed this time. This infighting is what will destroy us. It is easier to cut a palm than a fist because strength is in unity. If both of you had stopped fighting, the whole story would have been different. You could have solved so many problems only if you hadn't been fighting each other the whole time."

"Sorry..." Both of them muttered to Veer.

"Don't say sorry to me. You should be sorry to each other." Veer huffed, irritated. She had been here for just a day, but she had already heard so much good about both of them individually, only to see that both of them couldn't stand each other. "Women don't have the best lot in the world of men. We can't always trust them, but if we can't even trust each other, then what should we do?"

The two women looked at each other. "Saahiti, don't you think that Rajkumar Abhijit and Yuvraj Shakrajit already have a wedge between each other because of Yuvraj's wedding? You haven't even thought about how it would affect their future. Although they love each other, wouldn't it affect their relationship one day? Can you think of the day when Rajkumar Abhijit completely cuts off from Yuvraj?"

"That's impossible, Veer Bai." Rajkumar and Yuvraj can never go that far."

"How do you know, Saahiti? Isn't love so powerful? Yuvraj loves Rajkumari so much. You love Maa Sita because your Ram ji cannot live a day happily without him. So, why does that not apply to Rajkumari Mayurakshi? Why can't you accept her only because you love Yuvraj as the Crown Prince of the Kingdom?" She turned to Mayurakshi, Rajkumari. Fine, she hates it, but can't you accept her just for Yuvraj? Because you know how loyal she is to the kingdom. You need his future to be secure, and that security cannot be found without gathering loyal people around. Saahiti's loyalty is unquestioned. Can you not give up your anger just for the sake of the man who can risk everything for you?"