47.

The morning light softly graced the sleeping couple. Mayurakshi felt an unusual warmth that she hadn't known before. It registered in her mind that she was holding Shakra. She slowly opened her eyes to see Shakra deep in his sleep.

She used one of his arms as a pillow. The other was resting on the side of his body. Her one arm was around him, holding him like a pillow. She had pushed her face between his shoulder and his chest. Slowly pulling her face away from him, Mayurakshi looked at him.

This man is ours now. He is so pretty. We both know we want to feel his lips once again.

Scolding herself mentally, she tried to push away all the thoughts. Shakra hadn't asked her to do anything as she expected from the first night. He didn't even kiss her. This man who couldn't hide his desire for her hadn't even tried to persuade her to have intercourse with him. A part of her body was begging for him to persuade her to agree to sleep with him.

She knew what part played a major role in those desires. The parts of her body that had already tasted the nectar of his touch. Her chest, her neck, her lips, her waist, and the little spot between her legs were ready to grab him close and get him to work on recreating the pleasure.

He had messed up his hair in sleep. He moved slightly. Instantly, Mayurakshi closed her eyes, pretending to sleep.

She could tell he slowly woke up from sleep. His fingers softly moved the hair out of her face and softly traced her cheeks with his thumb, "You, my dear wife, are the most beautiful woman I know..." He was probably telling himself. He sighed softly. "I know you're awake. Stop pretending."

She opened her eyes, knowing that he caught her. "You snuggled right into my chest at night. It was so conflicting whether I should put my other arm around you and hold you."

"I didn't know you had a certain conflict with expressing your right..."

"You know, when I flirt with you, I don't take too much liberty. The two times I placed my hand over your waist, you almost didn't care. The third time I must have held you, I didn't even know because I was drunk."

"I don't know what can stop you when you want to get what you want." She bent down and touched the ground, doing a little prayer to Bhudevi before getting off the bed. The soft, tinkling noise of her anklet made him smile.

"Well, I don't want to be the only one who enjoys the marital bliss. You also have a right to experience the same pleasure."

The doors opened, and the maids came inside. "Maharaj Shatrujit is asking if he can meet you." They told her.

Mayurakshi looked at herself in the mirror and corrected her clothes. The maids went outside the room and Shatrujit entered the room a moment later. He looked at Shakra and then at Mayurakshi. "I hope you slept well."

"I slept slightly shaky," Shakra commented, jumping off the bed and stretching.

"What are you doing?" She almost whisper-scolded him. A single look ordered him to get his act together. Shakra grinned at her and walked over next to her. Mayurakshi, like a sweet and well-cultured daughter-in-law, touched the Emperor's feet. Shakra followed her. The Emperor blessed them and laughed loudly.

"Someone could have told me earlier that marrying him off to the Princess of Krishneri could get him to behave. I wouldn't have waited this long." He teased Shakra. Shakra laughed at the comment.

Mayurakshi bit down a retort, which was making its way on her tongue.

Shatrujit saw Mayurakshi's facial expression and stopped laughing. "I assumed you would barge into my living area and complain loudly and fight. Your mother did that."