62.

Mayurakshi realized that she had messed up big time. She had gotten the wrong conclusion from Saahiti and Abhijit's little outburst. She proceeded to Rani Anvesha's chambers.

Reaching there, she asked for an audience with her. The maids let her in after having the Queen's permission. She entered and saw her looking through several paintings of princesses.

"I wanted to talk about Rajkumar Abhijit," she said. Anvesha quickly sent her maids out.

"About Abhijit? That's new." She chuckled.

"You know Abhijit loves Saahiti. You are still looking for princesses for him." She pointed to the paintings. Anvesha sighed.

"Love, Mayurakshi? What love? A man doesn't know love for long. All men make promises of forever loyalty, but they're not so well known for their promises. Do you know any man except Sri Rama who has never looked at any other woman in their life and has stayed true to their promise of only loving one woman? At least I haven't. Abhijit is no different. Today, his attention is caught by her because the girl has a pretty mouth that speaks out whenever she pleases. When it stops amusing him, then what will she do? Suddenly change who she is and become the little submissive wife he would want."

Mayurakshi did not expect the queen to talk about Abhijit not being able to keep up. She thought that the queen disliked the idea of Saahiti.

"How can you declare it for yourself, Maharani? Abhijit also deserves to prove himself."

Anvesha chuckled at the innocence in Mayurakshi's question and then sighed. "Men are fickle, Mayura. They change their minds like the wind. No matter how much you want to believe the sweet honey words, doesn't history show anything? Saahiti and Abhijit are two very different people. Like the sun and the moon. Saahiti is in love. Naturally, the poor girl believes every word that Abhijit will spill to get her. But doesn't truth have any weight?"

"I believe in love because I know it," Mayurakshi argued. "I know a man who will stay true to the word made about loving me forever. I know Yuvraj."

"You believe that he will never love any other woman?"

"I don't just believe it. I know it. For 8 years, he has stayed loyal to me. Even when I have continuously refused him. He was still loyal to me. I know he touched no other woman because I know when he touches me, it isn't just because he saw a woman."

"You poor girl..." Anvesha chuckled. "I've been in your position, Mayura. Believe me when I say that these are dreams and hallucinations. I love Saahiti too much to hurt her like this. Even if I were to believe that Abhijit will be loyal to Saahiti, will Abhijit always look at her the same way when her tongue is unleashed at him? Can he subside his ego when she starts arguing against him? Saahiti will fundamentally speak out about what she believes to be right. Her relationship with anyone is secondary. She isn't shy about voicing her opinions. When her father believes the opposite, then what do I need to say about Abhijit? Saahiti is a proud girl. Abhijit has an ego greater than the sun itself. You and Shakra work out because you know how to play a little submissive and work your way out from beneath. You fooled him in the same way. Saahiti cannot act to save her life."

"Maharani, at least give them a chance before you turn it down completely. At least test it out to see if it pleases you. If Abhijit truly loves her, I don't want him to be denied his feelings because of the opinion that men cannot be loyal. How will you know there is no loyalty in men if you don't give them a chance? Your experience is true, but that can't be the only reality. If there are bad experiences, then there are also good experiences. If you want to discredit everyone based on a collective average being higher, then every individual is not trustworthy. This way, the whole world should be doubted. Then we should never get married at all because loyalty is not present at all."