68.

Shakra woke up with a pounding headache. He saw Mayurakshi sleeping on the diwan, her back facing his. He couldn't understand the sudden change. She had always slept in their bed since the day she was married to him.

Although his head was pounding, Shakra stood up to reach out to her. "Mayura...." He woke her up.

She woke up but then ignored him and turned to sleep again. "Mayura, why are you sleeping here? Go sleep on the bed."

"Why do you care?"

"Have you lost it or what? What do you mean, 'why do you care'? I am your husband. I care."

When she turned around, Shakra saw the burning in her eyes. If she was even a little as crazy as him, the whole room would have been offered to Agnideva as an aahuti.

"What did I do?" Shakra asked and groaned in pain at the headache. She angrily huffed, turned to the opposite side, and tried to sleep. "Bangaram, what? Come on..."

"Please go. You have work to do."

"Arrey? Emaindi ra?" (What happened)

"Nothing. Just leave me be."

Shakra walked around to face her, made her sit up, and held her by her arms. "Eyy... adugutunna ga! Why are you angry at me?" (I am asking you, right?)

"Wonderful. After preparing for a wedding night with my sister, you're asking me why I am angry at you." She almost angrily shouted at him. "You'll again say you were drunk and didn't know anything. How convenient!!"

Shakra scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. The headache was already annoying him, and now she was talking nonsense.

"I'm pretty sure I didn't touch your sister."

"Of course!! It seems that you have no fault in everything, and I'm the one who is being silly. You're faultless in everything."

Shakra closed his eyes for a moment to contain himself with her shouting.

"Then again, what is the problem even if you slept with her? After all, you are going to marry her. Then you'll also bring her into this room and ask me to get out. What's the big deal?"

She was furious.

"Eyyy, enough, Mayurakshi. I can get drunk, but I don't sleep with anyone while I'm drunk. I surely didn't sleep with you, sister. So, stop shouting. We can talk normally, right? What's the need to raise your voice?"

"You get to ruin my life, but I don't get to shout. Perfect. You can marry my sister and keep her in the same house as me, but I should just stay silent. Just like Maharani always says, 'Mayurakshi, bunny, men always have more than one husband. What is the problem with being someone's second or third wife?' I should understand and stay calm."

Not really knowing how to contain the burning rage in her, she broke a vase in the room angrily. Shakra didn't even flinch at her breaking the vase. He only felt confused at her sudden rage. It was highly unusual for her to be so angry. She has never been so angry.

"Want something else to break? Perhaps throw it in the river. It will save the trouble for the servants to pick up the pieces."

"Of course, everything is calm and normal for you. You can sleep on the same bed as my sister, and I have to pretend like it is normal. Maybe tomorrow you'll ask me to decorate it for your wedding night with her!!"

She poked too far with his already short fuse. "Mayurakshi, please shut up with your rambling. Did I say I wanted to marry her? If I have to marry her, whose fault is it? Mine? Who sent my father a letter to marry Yuvika with me?" He grabbed her by the arms. "Don't pin all the fault on me when you have done the deed. Tell me one time when I claimed that I wanted to marry her. Did I ask you to send my father a letter? You lost your mind and played that dirty game, and now that it's coming back to you, you're getting angry at me? Don't shout at me."