34.

Shakra was surrounded by his dalapatis. Manas standing next to him. Ajith, Kumar, Garuda, Dhruva, and Kaala were his dalapathis. The army were divided into four squads. The foot soldiers, the archers, ashwasainya, and gajasainya. The footfall that followed Shakra in battle was 50,000 men. 20,000 foot soldiers, 11,000 archers, 13,000 ashwasainya, and 1000 gajasainya. The army was enough to scare any King into making mistakes. The 20,000 infantry was led by Ajith and Kumar equally. The archers following Garuda's command. Ashwasainya following Dhruva, and Gajasainya following Kaala. The five of them followed Manas and Shakra.

After the plan was made all the others left. Manas and Shakra alone in the tent.

Shakra sat on his favorite chair tapping his fingers on the armrest. His mind was already working on all the things that were happening in Krishneri. He was aware. He had quite some spies within the palace and the army.

Shakra could tell that if Mayurakshi wanted to act, this was her moment. If not now, she wouldn't find another chance to act. Shakra already knew the only trick that Adhiman could pull was that old childhood trick. His men were already inside the palace secretly working on the deceit that Adhiman could pull. Any changes occuring would be dealt by Shakra face on.

"What are you thinking? Adhiman is going to show up soon."

Shakra stood up with a grin. He felt like this was going to come around soon enough and he gets his chance to act.

He wore his dhoti and an upper short kurta covering up to his hip. Safety bandages were tied by Karma and Manas around his wrists, palms, lower arms, shins, ankles, and waist. The chainmail was then tied around his torso which reached upto his mid-thighs. Then the body armor was tied. Followed by armors over shins, arms, wrists, and knees. Karma quickly did vijaya aarati and put the tilak.

"May you always be victorious, Yuvraj. May the sun always shine over the Kalika Empire and have the blessing for Kalika till the end of pralaya." Karma wished.

Shakra was given his sword by Manas and he touched his forehead with the sword.

The roar from the army rattled all the animals nearby. Shakra's hunting dogs barking loudly seeing him in his battle gear. Shakra patted their heads with a laugh. "Don't worry, I'll bring you a toy to terrorize."

The army cheered Shakra's arrival. They moved out of the way and he walked ahead. He saw Adhiman standing ahead with the Krishneri army behind.

Adhiman watched the chaotic roar by Shakra's Army. No such actions were done by the Krishneri Army. That started only when Adhiman looked back and gave a look to his commander. The Krishneri Army began to shout and scream to encourage their leader.

Shakra reached the middle of the field. The shield had the symbol of Kalika Empire in the center. He grinned at Adhiman. Adhiman prepared himself for the fight.

The vast plain stretched around them, bathed in the armies of men that ignited the war-like errie air beneath the afternoon sky. A brisk wind whispered through the barren plain, carrying with it a sense of anticipation as two figures stood before each other.

Shakra, his armor gleaming in the sunlight, brandished a swished his sword with confidence. On the opposing side stood Adhiman, his eyes focused every single movement of Shakra. The air crackled with energy as they closed the distance, their eyes locked in an unspoken exchange of determination.

Without warning, Shakra surged forward, his sword cutting through the air with a resolute swish. Adhiman elusively sidestepped the attack, countering with a swift parry from his sword. The clash reverberated through the open plain, a symphony of clashing steel that seemed to resonate with the men all around the battlefield.

Blades clashed and sparks flew as their dance unfolded—a display of strength against agility, each strike met with a swift and calculated response. Shakra's powerful swings clashed with Adhiman's intricate maneuvers, creating a dynamic spectacle that left the outcome hanging in the balance.

Shakra, sensing an opportunity, executed a series of rapid strikes, aiming for the chinks in Adhiman's armor. In a violent reaction, Adhiman aggresively attacked. Yet, Shakra, a seasoned warrior, deftly blocked each attack, his armored defenses proving formidable. With a mighty swing, Shakra forced Adhiman back, the latter's boots sliding on the barren plain.

Undeterred, Adhiman somersaulted backward, landing gracefully and regaining his footing. He swiftly re-entered the fray, his sword slashing with deadly precision. Shakra, unyielding, pressed forward with determination, the clash of their weapons resonating like thunder on the open plain.

As the duel intensified, the expanse seemed to shrink around them, the world distilled to the clash of steel and the rhythmic cadence of their footwork. Beads of sweat glistened on their brows.

In a decisive moment, Shakra managed to disarm Adhiman, his sword at the Adhiman throat. The vast plain fell into a contemplative silence. Shakra, victorious grinned at his opponent who laid on the ground defeated.

Shakra almost decided to be respectful and let Adhiman stand up when his senses tingled. As a reflex, Shakra moved away and an arrow hit the ground exactly where he stood a moment ago.

Shakra put his foot over Adhiman and rested the sword on his neck. "You don't seem to have learnt anything from the information given to you. You didn't get the memo that I'm aware of your silly trickery."

Shakra's soldiers appeared from the top of the fort's main entry and having surrounded Krishneri's fort and army. He had already sent a group of soldiers inside the castle by the help of his spies inside the castle. He didn't want them to act until the arrow was shot from the castle towards him. Soon, Gokula also emerged over the top of the main entry gate of the fort with men surrounding him. Shakra's soldiers.

"This is trickery!!! You captured the fort by unjust means."

"Adhiman, Adhiman, Adhiman.... haven't you understood by now? I know what you do because I know how you function. I knew you would use the old trick of attacking from behind when I defeat you in a straight fight and then use the fort to protect you. So, I used a countermeasure. They would have kept low and exited if you hadn't gone through with your trick of attacking from behind."