48.

Shakra's battle elephant, Jaya, was decorated beautifully. A beautiful palanquin was set on top of the elephant. All of the guests of the Kalika Empire were elated with the successful wedding. Raashi, Yuvika, and Adhiman refused to arrive at the gates to give Mayurakshi goodbyes. The Kalika Empire couldn't care less about their absence.

Jayant stood before Shakra. "You are going to love being in the Kalika Empire, Jayant. I'm excited to see how you turn out to be." Shakra patted his shoulder. Jayant couldn't understand the sudden interest the Yuvraj of Kalika Empire showed in him. Yet, he didn't say much about it and stayed mum. Jayant was more happy that he could be with his Mayurakshi Akka.

Mayurakshi made a grand entrance, adorned in opulent jewelry that gleamed in the light. Shatrujit, emphasizing the significance of his eldest daughter-in-law's arrival, had insisted on a lavish display. Mayurakshi's presence alone spoke volumes; she represented the prestige of the Kalika Empire as its esteemed daughter-in-law. Draped in a resplendent bright green saree, intricately embroidered with motifs echoing the richness of the Kalika culture, she exuded regal elegance.

Her attire was only surpassed by the brilliance of her jewelry, which adorned her like a reflection of the empire's prosperity. The intricate designs and precious gems showcased the grandeur associated with her position. Mayurakshi's hair, fashioned into a bun, bore mogra flowers that added a touch of timeless grace, while her long braid was adorned with additional jewelry, enhancing her allure.

In this exquisite ensemble, Mayurakshi stood as a living embodiment of the Kalika Empire's legacy. Her presence commanded attention and respect, a symbol of tradition and opulence. Radiating beauty and grace, she was the epitome of the empire's grandeur, making a lasting impression on all who beheld her magnificent form.

Shatrujit saw her and smiled at her, "I hope you are ready for your journey."

"Yes, Maharaj, I am ready." She replied with a smile.

Mayurakshi should have held a grudge against him but for some reason, his parental affection did not allow her to hold a grudge. She had only felt parental affection since the first time she met the Emperor of the Kalika Empire. She had met him personally four years ago when it was Shakra's turn to do a special puja at Sri Chandika's temple as the heir. Shakra had invited her for the puja.

"You have a home here if you want to come and stay here for some time," Gokula told her as she stood by the elephant. Mayurakshi wanted to give a sarcastic laugh but refrained from it to hold on to the royal behavior. She was now representing Shakrajit as well. She just nodded without saying a word back to him.

That was the response for Gokula that told him how far things between him and Mayurakshi had gone.

Gokula saw Shakra walk to her. Shakra's elephant saw Mayurakshi and Shakra together. The elephant offered his trunk for her to step up. She held on to Shakra's hand for support as she stepped on the trunk and the elephant lifted her so she could climb on his back. Once she got on the back and sat on the palanquin set up on the elephant's back, Shakra patted his elephant, "You're such a wonderful boy, Jaya." The elephant replied with a cheerful trumpet. Shakra chuckled and then climbed over the back as well.

Mayurakshi realized that there wasn't going to be any mahout. Shakra was going to handle his elephant. Shatrujit climbed over his royal elephant and the Queens followed behind him. In a few moments, the caravan began to move.

"Do you want me to come back here and marry your sister?" Shakra asked.

"This is what you want to begin a conversation with, Yuvraj?"

Shakra laughed for a moment. "Well, we need to address it at some point."

"Then, I'll take some liberty as a wife and say that I will address that point when I want to. That is not now."