65.

The party had long ago started to get crazy. Shatrujit started laughing, seeing Ameya already getting drunk and dancing. The only one of his children who seemed pretty irritated at the party was Kamaljit. He would have loved to be anywhere but here. Abhinav wasn't far behind Ameya in her enjoyment.

"Come on, Anna, you don't want the fun?" Abhinav teased Kamal.

"What fun? I'm sorry if my idea of fun isn't dancing leecherously around women. This is a serious insult to royalty to be this cheap."

Shatrujit laughed at the reaction.

"Nanna, please stop laughing. Can I go already? I'd rather have enjoyed a party where Saahiti and I could spend time on poetry. We have a brilliant ongoing literature party. Saahiti and I are: "

"Kamal, say her name one more time, and I will break your face." Abhijit growled.

"Excuse me? Hello! Saahiti and I are best friends. You don't need to get all touchy about it. There is nothing more than friendship between us. So, keep your aggressive, possessive male lead syndrome out of my range. It isn't my fault you're having a rough patch."

"Why can't I have a day without people saying her name all the time?"

"People are definitely not. You are drunk, and that's why it's all you can do here. Intoxication is known to have an effect on brain function, motor function, and speech function. You clearly experience the fourth one. Hearing things people are not saying. Go and sleep."

Abhijit sighed. "That is what I wish to do, but it seems that my sleep is busy giving philosophical sermons about how I'm attaching unreal bindings to the real emotions."

"You mean attaching possessive behavior to love? I suppose she is the smarter one between both of you, so it isn't surprising that she's come to that brilliant conclusion. But I suppose being drunk is making you confuse a girl for your sleep."

"Where did you bring this one from? I demand a refund. Send him back to where you brought him from." Abhijit complained to Shatrujit.

"This isn't a reversible process, Abhijit. I can't send him back to where he came from." Shatrujit laughed, saying that.

Each one of his boys seemed to have a personality of their own. 

Shakra was someone who enjoyed starting fights, winning them, and crushing his enemies. A part of him enjoys torturing his enemies. 

Abhijit enjoyed neutrality in his life in most cases. He wasn't fond of torture, like Shakra. His way of handling things was straight-forward, but he had an ego that couldn't even be matched up by the sun. 

Ameya enjoyed his lack of responsibility and being the baby brother that his two elder siblings treated him as. The moment someone asked him to take responsibility, he got annoyed and restless. He loved being a warrior, but the administration wasn't interested in him, even if he was capable. Shatrujit had to pull that part out of him. 

Abhinav was the new youth phase one. Enjoying his life. Excited and eager to prove himself in the world of men. Hyper about making it clear that he is the son of the Emperor not just in biology but also in actions.

But the one who stood out from all of them was Kamaljit. While all of them had a part in their vices, Kamaljit's brilliancy was under his control. The boy enjoyed his Veena and lute far more than drinking or the company of women for pleasure. He was even more strict about the women he would sit with. His entertainment was more of the intellectual kind. It was one of the reasons why he had a prominent seat in the court. That's how his friendship with Saahiti was so strong. Both of them had more similarities than differences.