30.

It wasn't often that Shakra found any other woman beautiful. His mind usually always returned to Mayurakshi when he thought of the word "pretty." Her peacock-like eyes were a rich brown, and she typically adorned them with intricate designs using raw camphor over her eyebrows and around her eyes. She radiated in shades of blue.

However, this was one of those rare moments when Shakra found someone else captivating. The girl dancing was undoubtedly a thing of beauty. There was an undeniable allure in the way she moved and carried herself. It was as if she had a deliberate agenda to capture everyone's attention, and she did so without hesitation. She was undeniably an attention seeker, and she made no effort to conceal her interest in Shakra.

The girl approached him, and as she drew near, Shakra grinned. He recognized her tactics quite well, having employed similar strategies with courtesans as a means of gathering information from his adversaries. She would cast seductive glances at him and employ subtle touches, only to retreat at the last moment.

Shakra was amused by her attempts, but his assistant, Karma, did not share his sentiment. She rolled her eyes, watching the girl entertain Shakra, knowing that he had no intention of reciprocating her advances. Karma was well aware that every fiber of Shakra's being belonged to the youngest Princess of Krishneri. No other woman, not even his own mothers, could compete with Mayurakshi for his affections.

The dancing girl continued to engage Shakra, teasingly reaching out to touch him but pulling away each time. In the room, other men burned with jealousy, all vying for her attention. Yet, every time she momentarily diverted her focus to someone else, she invariably returned her gaze to Shakra. Among the men present, he was the least affected by her charms.

Meanwhile, Jaivanta entered the room, and Shakra, engrossed by the dancing girl, barely noticed his exit. Karma, observing the situation, approached Shakra.

"When did he go out?" Shakra inquired.

"A while ago, when the dancing began," Karma replied.

"Why are you telling me now?" Shakra questioned.

Karma, not wanting to interrupt Shakra's admiration of the dancing girl, explained, "You seemed preoccupied with the woman's attention. I didn't want to disturb you."

Shakra turned to Karma and jokingly commented, "Even if I find another woman beautiful, I still belong to the Rajkumari."

"Shall I inform Rajkumari Yuvika that she has your attention?" Karma playfully retorted.

"Karma, I will have your head. Don't be overly clever," Shakra warned.

With their banter concluded, Karma decided to scan the room for Jaivanta. Instead, her eyes fell upon a familiar figure: Mayurakshi. The Princess watched Shakra, who was allowing the dancing girl to amuse him. Karma couldn't help but notice a hint of jealousy or discomfort in Mayurakshi's expression. The Princess usually concealed her true emotions behind a carefully crafted mask.

Returning her focus to Shakra, Karma observed the dancing girl drawing closer and making subtle attempts to seduce him. She even traced her fingers over his face and down his chest, all while keeping her eyes fixed on Shakra. Karma knew that the girl's tactics would not entice him, as he was merely allowing her to amuse him with her futile efforts.

Suddenly, Karma intervened, gently moving the girl's hands away from Shakra. He turned to her, perplexed, and asked, "What happened?"

Karma watched as Mayurakshi swiftly exited the hall, avoiding the notice of the other men present. Shrugging her shoulders in response to Shakra's inquiry, Karma signaled that Mayurakshi had left.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were jealous of the dancing girl capturing my attention," Shakra teased.

"You're not interested in her, so why lead her on by making her think she has a chance?" Karma inquired.

"It's simply for entertainment. The woman I truly seek attention from is doing her utmost to ignore me, so I'm passing the time until I grow tired of her and claim the attention of the Princess," Shakra explained.

Karma looked at Shakra, her doubts about his attachment to Mayurakshi growing. She was well aware of the potential dangers that could arise if Shakra were to marry the Princess. Shakra's unusual bond with Mayurakshi was both intriguing and unnerving.

Karma asked, "I'm really serious; you're sitting here and pretending that you aren't planning to take down the entire family, especially Adhiman?"

Shakra grinned and replied, "Enjoy the calm before the storm, Karma. When the storm begins, we'll find ourselves in the midst of a dramatic showdown. So, relax."

Karma then asked about the significance of the wedding, curious as to why it mattered, apart from providing an opportunity to see the Princess. Shakra explained that the wedding was a unique opportunity to learn more about Jaivanta. The presence of other Princes who were more familiar with him made it an ideal time to assess his abilities. Shakra also speculated about the extent of Mayurakshi's influence and wanted to test her loyalty to Krishneri. He was intrigued to see how far she would go for her kingdom, even suggesting that she might be in love with him.

Karma found Shakra's connection with Mayurakshi to be perplexing and potentially dangerous, and she knew that if they were to marry, the situation could become even more complicated. Shakra's attachment to the Princess was a unique aspect of his character, and Karma was well aware that her influence on him might surpass that of anyone else. If her suspicions about Mayurakshi's feelings for Shakra were accurate, the situation could become more perilous than anyone had anticipated. Mayurakshi's seemingly docile demeanor masked a potentially cunning and dangerous individual.

Shakra's intentions and methods, though unorthodox, were strategic and aimed at securing an advantage for their future endeavors. He was fully aware that the time for games would come to an end, and he would need to adopt a more calculated and manipulative approach, especially in his pursuit of Krishneri.

=========

Please do vote, comment, and share the story with your friends.