70.

Shakra finally had the whole report from Kamaljit about what had happened. Especially that invader who dared to harm Mayurakshi. Shakra sat by the little room in the prison area of the fort. The invader was tied to the chair with a rope. Manas stood behind Shakra.

The man was hissing from the pain that Shakra inflicted on him. "It is sad how you have been sent into this Naraka by your master without any protection to you." Shakra sighed mockingly. To the man, Shakra seemed like the human manifestation of the devil. No human being could have done so much damage to him. Shakra and the dagger in his hands was a sight that made him fear. The man began to recite some prayer for protection from the devil before him.

Shakra curiously sat while the man continued his prayers. "You seem to be mistaken, my friend. No deity will come to save you from this little pet of Kalika. I'm her little pet cat. I have these sharp claws, sharp teeth, and every intention to scratch others. It is a matter of time. You have especially come into my territory and tried to threaten my people. No deity will come to save you here."

"You are the devil."

"I don't quite understand the term 'devil' but I surely have a knack for violence. It comes with my profession. If you touch my people, you will see the violent part of me. First, you threatened my people with violence. Two, you killed some of our guests from Deogarh. Three, you had the audacity to touch my wife."

Shakra's eyes were dangerously taking in the man who had the courage to touch Mayurakshi. No men in Bharatvarsha had the courage to even harm a hair on her head. Shakra's violent nature was as well known as his interest in Mayurakshi. That was one of the reasons why no other Prince tried to send her a marriage proposal. The only reason Aadhitya even thought of it was because of Valli and Shakra seemed to be good company. Valli was clear in her idea that Shakra was interested in only Mayurakshi as his lover.

The men who were brought by Raashi from somewhere quickly met with Shakra's madness.

Shakra found Kamaljit's reaction far too nice for the action committed by him. "You are acting with such madness for a woman? You'll find several women all over the world and the heavens. You want to earn hell but hurting me for a woman?"

Shakra rolled his eyes and settled back on the chair. "Difference of opinions, my friend. Surely there may be several women but none of them is my wife except for that one girl. The girl you tried to harm. As per our rules, attempting to murder the royal family member is a crime punishable by death. But before I give your death, I will destroy everything in you. Your hope for any protection from any deity. You, who is so scared of hell, should at least have a glimpse of what it looks like before you actually get there."

"Remove the rest of his fingers and toes one by one," Shakra ordered the soldiers.

Karma walked in while the screams of the man echoed in the room. Shakra turned his head to her. "Rajkumar Abhijit is here for you."

Shakra stood up and walked towards his brother while wiping the blood over him with a cloth that Karma handed him. He saw Abhijit standing there with his fists clenched.

"Good morning, Abhi." Shakra gave a grin.

"Drop that sweetness, Annaiyya."

"Oh! Did little brother forget how to talk to his elders?" Shakra cleaned the blood over him.

"Manners? You want me to talk to you mannerfully when you're out there supporting Amma's ridiculous idea?"

"I was shown the proofs, Abhi. Amma had the astrologer brought in. The astrologer explained how Saahiti and Amartya's horoscopes match perfectly with each other. Trust me. I was amazed. Then there is truth in the fact that Amartya and Saahiti are very similar to each other. Right from both of them being involved in the attempt to kill my wife back in Veenapuram to their choice of sweets. That seems like a heaven-sent match."