Prologue

HARU POV

"how could he do this to me?!" i shouted at the top of my lungs as i entered my apartment and crouched down. i just came back from work but my boss really is an asshole. jumping from one relationship to another and made me sweep off his mistakes. im his corporate secretary!

not his personal secretary!

NOT his maid!

NOT HIS FREAKING PROPERTY!

i was still wallowing in anger and annoyance when my phone rang. it read, BLOODY IDIOT.

"yes, sir. good evening!" what the hell he needed from me? its already near midnight. i ate thanks to that meeting we attended to but i still need my sleep. ive been running left and right for this idiot since the crack of dawn. dont this guy ever sleep?

"book a cater from a stake restaurant for tomorrow night. ill be dining with the family in my penthouse. i need you there as well." he said as a matter of fact. my ear rang from his voice. i dont know what holds me on this position when im always this irritated from the time i knew what he was like. its like itching and freaking annoying. i cant even sleep without hearing him inside my head. what the hell is that?

"noted sir. for how many sir?"

"haru, didnt you do your homework? how long are you as my secretary if you dont know such things?"

"right, sir. im sorry."

"fine. chat me up if its already confirmed."

"y-" and the bastard just hang up on me.

"yes, your highness." i dont know what came over me to call him that but he seems like it. too proud of his position. too greedy for success. too lustful for his own sake.

i know hes a supernatural but who is he to treat me like this?

if i had known that hell be like this, i wouldnt have hoped...

yeah...

i once got a crush on the bloody bastard but when he made me his errand boy for his flings, i knew hes not the one for me.

i want to give up...

i want to resign...

i want to...

i let out a hearty cry. i never cried like this. it hurts so much. it felt like my heart had been squished so hard, i cant breathe.

i cant let go.

------------------------->>>>>

DESTAN POV

as soon as i hang up, i looked at my phone. haru sounded upset. what did i do wrong to him that he acted like that? he was just fine awhile ago when me and my driver dropped him off on his apartment.

its not that i dont like the wolf, yes i know hes a wolf. his scent and eyes had been reacting every time were conversing.

i dont know whats with him but the moment hes present in all my meetings, ive been highly productive. ive fired less incompetent fools which before should have been fired automatically, ive made best deals from the moment i started heading this company from my father, arius, and we made the company known worldwide due to great artists and talents.

its like hes the good luck this company needs. its not that the company did not flourish under my fathers time but its just so good this time, it felt frighteningly unreal. surprisingly, my mood during those events was so much lighter than when im facing them without him.

thats why hes always with me. even through my quest in searching for my singer, hes still with me. not inside the room but after. but every time he sweep the spoils, he scent turn foul. it irritates me and mood turned sour in turn.

i know all the other ones i had inside that room is not my singer, i let them out after an hour of just interviewing them and just played with them at the last moment before they go out. nothing really happened. i could have risked killing them if i sank my fangs on them. vampire venom never harms their singer, otherwise, theyll turn to dust by morning. i made a mistake once and my father berated me endlessly for that. i learned the hard way and i starved near death for that.

but this last one made an impression on me. she smelled the same as what my father described when he met my mom. maybe shes the one?

a ding signalling that a message came. i looked over my private chatroom with haru and read that he already booked the stake restaurant i requested earlier. hes really efficient that it sometimes make me feel so lacking. he completes my incapability sometimes, i got goosebumps thinking over it.

i dialed my mom. i know theyre home for a while after that scuba diving and trailing in the south. i bet theyre getting messy somewhere in the castle and i dont want to imagine it.

"mom... can you make it tonight here at the penthouse? i have someone i would like you to meet..." my voice trailed off as soon as i heard rustles of fabric. see, they just did the deed. would i get another sibling other than my boring brother?

"who? your singer?" he told me... theres that private joke again. they told me every time that my singer will just come when i least expected it, that i dont need to look every nook and cranny of this world.

"ummm... yeah?" there im not so sure myself. i cant even lie to my parents when it comes to this topic. they made me melt my resolve that maybe she is the one ive been looking for.

"fine. please tell me harus going to be there. hes the only one who can tame you." i can hear and see him smiling. he really liked haru that much, huh. its surprising my dad didnt hint any jealousy whenever my secretary is around.

"hes there." and im sure this time.

huh... why the contrast...