Chapter XX

DESTAN POV

eve of the party, friends from all over the town came to the clearing behind harus home. as we strolled in and greeted my family and harus own, i caught glimpse of those that i didnt know my family invited as well. granpa ethan who is the majority shareholder of our business empire invited some of our trusted friends as well, business-wise.

"destan!" my granpa called in and came in followed by the very person i dont want to see or even remember. the aches of my body seems to remember why i got so battered years before. "remember your bestfriend vegas? he came in last 2 days ago from his overseas business trip. when he heard that you finally have your singer, he wondered when youll have time to catch up. so i said he should come with us today for your party."

"nice to see you again, tan. finally man!" he bro hugged me but my hand is still on my singers waist. im still too shocked to reply to anything this man is saying. is he not angry? resentful? or even vengeful to what i did?

"now, i know whats running on your mind, dude. let it go! its just an accident and you didnt really knew that my brothers not the one. relax, man." he tapped me at the back playfully. "so is he the one?"

he motioned to my singer who i purposely hidden behind me. i dont want him near or even be around him within 300kilometer radius. this man is a half-breed vampire and a human, dhampir was what human call his kind. i dont want to remember any more. my body just aches more than what i could already tolerate.

"um... yeah... haru, this is vegas my best friend and a family friend. vegas, this is haru my singer." i said in a rather breathy voice. i cant possibly breathe fine in this situation. what could my granpa think that i have a good relationship with vegas after what had happened years ago?

"oh-ho! such a cutie. dear haru, if destan treated you badly, come to me ill protect you, no questions asked." he then smiled at my singer who just sunk on my clothes on my back. i know harus not the shy type of a person but when new people like this came to him up front, he will surely curl. so cute.

"stand back, will you? i didnt even know youll come here."

"im not here for long. i just swung by respecting the elders wishes for me to attend. im actually on my way to a city a couple of town from here for a meeting. this place is on the way so i came."

"save it. i may not know what youre thinking right now but dont involve haru in any of it. would you mind?"

"of course. im just here for the frivolity destan. nothing more... nothing less."

"destan..." a squeak and a pull of my shirt from behind me made me let go of the upcoming rise of angry bile on my throat. if it werent for haru being too near and out of respect to the elders that was present, i could have slugged vegas off of his shoes by now.

"im okay, love." i hugged haru and walked away saying, "i trust you know the way out of the clearing, otherwise my people will escort you themselves."

as we near the buffet table, haru wiggled out of my hold and asked, "whos he?" while reaching out for some meat dishes and some mashed potatoes.

"someone from the past that i ought not to remember, love." i told my singer swiping a stray hair away from his dainty eyes.

"surely, its someone that i should know about if he had you behaving like this. hmm?" he looked at me with hope that i would fold. am i ready to disclose to him what had happened years before i even knew him as an adult? this got nothing to do with him.

"maybe but- not now please." i kissed his forehead in defeat. i cant forgive myself for saying no to my singer. now that i know his worth in my life and his every breath that i truly treasure, i want to protect him. to protect him at all cost. i would not be swayed like the other alphas in this family. my singer comes first. none others.