Chapter IV

After the dinner, destans been quiet. he cant fathom the idea that his family knows more than him if it comes to finding ones own mate or in his case, his singer. but how? its supposedly between him and his singer but apparently him being half and half made the vampire in him more diluted than his brother who is apparently, his fathers heir to the vampire throne.

no, destan doesnt even want that power. he wants his freedom. he needs it like water that freely flows to where he intends himself to be. he knows that the sea people in him dominates more than his vampiric side. thats how he found his mom to begin with. well, thats what his dad arius told him.

now that hes on the couch looking at the sight before him where haru was surrounded by his family without a care or even a tiny bit of awkwardness, is a wide 180 from how kathrine was when she entered.

maybe its due to the fact that harus been around his family since hes a little lad but that was mainly with his uncle rin and their family. some of destans family never even met haru years and years after. harus only been around them more when he joined the company four years ago and assigned him to be his private secretary.

 harus only been around them more when he joined the company four years ago and assigned him to be his private secretary

what could his family see that he doesnt?

well, they like him as someone they know way before, right?

right.

destan sips on his bloody concoction when suddenly a shriek came from the group near the bar.

haru nearly choked on his 2nd deadly martini courtesy of course from his uncle rin. his wolf temperature wont make him easily drunk but still his uncle rins potion is nearly lethal. haru should be even thankful that hes still on his feet on his second glass.

"do you think hes had enough?" ayberk asked his mate whos on his toes reaching for another mix.

rin looked at haru who is now turning pink. "nah, hes okay." rin looked away and resumed on his mixes.

"but i think, he does." destan found himself behind haru and reached out for his martini. "lucky its his off tomorrow. hell be pissed of tomorrow for sure since hell be in a coma for the whole day." destan looked at harus pink face. he cant help but put on a silly smiling face which his family definitely noticed. a secret smile had been passed on to one face to another.

"well be off, then. thank you, sir, for the drink." haru slurred under his breath to rin who is pouring another batch for the entire family. yeah, hes definitely feeling the buzz but that doesnt mean hes oblivious to his surrounding. but what he didnt got to see was the burning gaze of destan resonating behind him.

destan felt rather off from this angle. he wants to hide him in his arms since harus in his vulnerable state. being in a room full of powerful supernaturals even though theyre family, doesnt make any difference.

"of course, dear. anytime." rin smiled wildly at his nearly adopted soon-to-be nephew-in-law. yes, everybody knows but destan. hes that dense. rin even wants to divulge the information and smack destan in the face and tell him. everytime he call on this so-called dinner to present some trash, they make it to the point that haru should also be in attendance in the guise of him being his pacifier.