Chapter XXII

"do you think well live after this?" a loud voice came from a phone.

"do you have so little faith in me? no matter how i play, its me who will always win."

"its the royalty that we are talking about. they got strings, no scratch that, they got large chains on every aspect of the economy. we cant even scratch the wealth they had accumulated over the years."

"its not wealth that i am after. im after the heart. and when im done, everything will just land in my hands."

"if you say so. whatever it is, if you fail. im out. i dont want them running their knife-like nails down my back"

"coward."

"no, im smart. thats why you need me, otherwise youll still be in the mental groveling over in your own mind."

"whatever."

"see you in a bit. i got a gift for you, by the way. im pretty sure, youll like it."

"tempting."

"she sure is but shes not my type."

"bye, vegas."

"bye, sir."

------------------------------->>>>>

HARU POV

a week had passed after the party, me and destan got the week off due to the insistence of his twin grandpas. its so awkward to call them grandpas since they still looked so young, like in their thirties. even grandma ethan never looked over the age of 30.

destan just stayed with me in my town to get acquainted with my family and our place. its been a fun week but every fun came to its end one day. and that day was today. were going back to the city and to m.s. entertainment. everything was meant to be the same but due to what we had discussed, i will no longer be destans secretary. i could still go with him and help there as co-ceo in paper but i will never be obligated to work there. thatll be a bit of a problem. i cant seem to stop working. my work had already been ingrained in me. i know every bit of his schedule, what will he need, the people that i need to contact and even his food choices in each meeting that he will attend.

we woke up the morning after a long ride. im a bit tired still and destan didnt even wake me up. but my body alarm wont let me go back to sleep no matter what i do. his embrace was too comfortable but then again, i cant move. his huge trunk of a leg was draped over my lean frame.

im trapped.

"destan?"

no response.

"destan..." i nudged him.

"hmmmm.....?"

"work day remember?"

"too early, love. sleep more."

"tell me, are you really a vampire? i thought vampires need little to no sleep?"

"im half dear."

"right, but still its a work day and we need to go." i turned over being the small spoon that i am and caressed his smooth face. dear goddess, hes so handsome.

"fine... kiss first..." my handsome mate slurs while pouting his lips. a smile and a giggle and gave him a light one.

"mo~ore, babe please."

"but well be late." i whined.

"honey, were the owners of the damn company. we can be late if we want to."

"wrong! regardless if youre the owner, you should set the example for your employees. if you slack, they will too. if youre too serious, theyll be suffocated. the companys mood depends on you, love."