Chapter XIX

HARU POV

the day after, we were sent for an errand to the towns market for our barbecue party later today. some of destans family will be there as well as my friends(?). mom asked some of them to come out of courtesy and maybe they just agreed since they could see some royals in the flesh.

no matter the reason, the important thing is the whole family and even destans family will finally be informed and formally recognize us being mated. though they already knew, its still a formality to have both parties involved. heck, this might even be the very first one to celebrate this kind of celebration.

destan said not to be bothered by it and his family will take care of the food but my mom wouldnt have that. yes, destans family are well of and filthy rich at that but our pride as the alpha family of this town shouldnt be trampled with. and yes, were not that wealthy but our warm hospitality is its finest. we cant have people over without us making or doing something for our guests. thus, us being sent on an errand for food in the market.

when we entered the wet market, i cant help but be amused to what i should have only seen in my dreams or even in a million years

when we entered the wet market, i cant help but be amused to what i should have only seen in my dreams or even in a million years. my dear elegant mate carrying a wick basket in branded clothes and thousand bucks shoes. dear goddess, what did i do in my previous life to be rewarded like this?

"do we have the list?" destan called me out of my fantasies.

"yes, its with me. um..." i fished out our list and believe it or not, my mom went all out. i think we could have bought the entire market to scratch out every little thing on the list that he gave me. "beef, pork, fish, veggies... in summary..." i smiled up at him.

"lets go." and my dear mate laid out his hand before me. holding hands still even in the market? were not on a date, people might have a feast if we did.

"i dont care what people think. youre mine. im yours. thats all there is to it." destan said looking at me and i feel that he read my mind through my facial expressions. am i that easy to read?

"fine." i grabbed his hand and cursed all those karens.

we were half way though the list when suddenly i was hugged from behind.

"bestie!!!!!! you didnt tell me you came back home!!! i missed you!!" said the one under me with his floppy curly hair.

for all that i could remember every single one of the friends that i thought was true and knew, turned their backs on me. 

for me, if people deemed you insignificant, you should forget all about them in return. theyre a  waste of time, effort and retort. they would only listen to their so called friends and not you. they would only listen to what they already deemed as true. try to reason them out, theyll twist it and even make a ridiculous story out of it. trust me, ive been in that situation countless of times and im already grown tired to it. better to just forget them and move on. they dont hold a single thread of future for you. you make your own destiny and prove them all wrong when the time comes. youll see, theyll grovel and seek your approval once they knew you have something that they dont have.