Epilogue

a month passed from the incident, haru and destan was still livid about vegas. later in the afternoon after work, the family will convene at the ancestral palace of the wolves. this will be harus first time coming to the castle after more than a decade.

things at the company finally settled down. a prior company event made everything official for them. destan finally introduced haru as his husband and his new position at the company. this garnered few gossips but the love shown by the couple minimized, if not, dispelled all doubt and jealousy.

destans been training haru on his new role as his co-ceo in the company and haru was ever so greatful at destan for allowing him to work. itll be a bit hard for him in the future, maybe, if ever theyll be having a pup but nevertheless he knows hes being productive.

the moment they arrived at the castle, haru couldnt believe her eyes. the couple that he saw before was there but no one seemed to notice them. hes about to tug on destan towards their direction but when he looked again, theyre gone.

at the dinner table, people are all over the place. the pups are having a wrestling fight all over the thick rug in the living room while the teens are on their phones and gadgets. the adults are convened at the table but still in their own worlds.

"can... can we start?" liam uttered quite timidly. hes not one to really shout to get attention to himself since his looks already could do that without much effort but the time is already running and the night will not last long.

"okay everyone shut it." ethan shouted a bit to gain everyones attention.

silence befall the table and even the teens let go of their gadgets and gathered around as well.

"good." ethan looked around and started. "a situation occurred sometime ago which involved haru and destan. arius," he pointed out to his son. "its about vegas. all the while that we had believed that destan was the one who killed macau, it was instead orchestrated by vegas himself. as we know, dhampirs got an unstable vampire blood in their body. few only survive with their sanity intact and some goes under and was executed for mercy. vegas had been suffering for sometime back then and got his brother involved in the midst of his episodes. he bit him, with venom and all but brushed it off as nothing since macau healed himself. as all vampires know, injecting venom to those that wasnt their singer meant it as poison to their body. its one either turn them a vampire or perish once the sun arises. though destan did bit macau soon after, his decision was manipulated by vegas. destan wasnt sure about macau but somehow vegas got on destans head and made him do it. but destan, boy, know you still got a blame for being part of this. i wont counter arius decision to punish you that time."

"i know grandma." destan replied with his head bowed low.

"a month ago, mom talked to me." this garnered everyones attention because its not everyday that the main matriarch of the family and the ancestor at that would come in contact with them. "him and dads been troubled again since theres a chance of someone circulating a pill which contains the blood of the goddess once again. they use it as panacea for dhampirs episodes, use it to get a boost to their powers and many others."

ethan paused as he gauged harus reaction. he didnt know if haru knew that the pair that he saw that time was ethans mom and dad.

"haru, i know youre confused. the pair that helped you that time was my mom, gulf, and dad, mew. in other words, the ancestors."

"what? then... the pair that... that i saw when i came in awhile ago was..." haru uttered inaudibly.

"theyre here?"

haru just nodded.

"oh, well. they just come and go. only rin can see them through the veil and thats not often. back to the topic. they came since mom got a whiff of the scent that was the very reason they purged this castle. though the main culprit was eliminated, the offshoots deliberately continued a production out of the radar. they thinned the potency, i suspect, given that they cant have anymore blood. this is still alarming. please everyone be vigilant on your respective domains. i know you can handle your people well. ask for assistance whenever necessary. no little trouble is a huge trouble."