Chapter III

"is the caterer already at the penthouse?" destan asked his secretary behind him. they were already at the lobby late in the afternoon. destan was pissed off because of one of his investors due to his unreasonable excuse of additional sponsorship for his pet artist. who would like to sign a five year exclusive contract without any assurance of return on revenue, just a verbal promise of loyalty and damn, some revolting offer. he underhandedly offered him his artists private services. they got the guts to mention it in front of some board members. the audacity of that new blood. if it were not for his familys image, he could have ripped that mans head off, top and bottom, several years ago.

"yes, sir. already set up and ready for service." haru peeked on his tab for updates. his counterpart at the penthouse already informed him of the attendance and it seems its a fullhouse. hes just glad the family was kind to him and his family back home.

they were about to get in the car when destan unceremoniously opened the rear car door for him.

"sir?"

destan didnt say anything and just walked off to the other side to get in. as soon as destan settled in, he himself wondered why he did that? its out of his character to do so.

haru was stunned when his boss reached out for the door and left it ajar for him to get in. what in the world...

"we need to fetch kathrine from her condo before going to the penthouse." destan told his chauffeur which made haru sighed.

will i have to prepare another parting gift for his woman? haru wondered. this is not his first time and everytime he did the sweeping, it made him want to puke his gut out. the aftertaste is really foul not just on his mouth but also in his heart.

haru doesnt really get it why his boss is jumping from one person to another. is he not afraid of getting sick because of his bad habit? its not his place to be worried but still hes his boss. hes the one paying him his monthly dues.

they departed from the company and went on towards his boss's penthouse. actually this penthouse is previously his fathers. both of his parents spent an amount of time living here before they transferred to their very own castle by the sea.

 both of his parents spent an amount of time living here before they transferred to their very own castle by the sea

why the sea?

maybe he knows, maybe he doesnt know. their familys info is rather complicated and too valuable to disclose. being his boss private secretary for several years made him meet his family more than he could actually meet his own parents in a year.

rather than being shy, hes thankful that the familys reception to a lowly wolf like him was warm enough to call them his own. presumptuous it is, but he felt like that. especially to the one they call sir ethan. haru accidentally heard that hes one of the oldest member of the family, along with his two siblings which haru regrettably didnt saw once when he visited them. its not his place to ask where they are.

"get her, haru."

haru abruptly snapped out of his thoughts when his boss's voice penetrated his hearing. he silently looked over his boss since he cant believe hes the one getting the woman from her condo and not him, her supposedly date.