Chapter IX

HARU POV

how could he leave just like that?

i thought were finally having a calm conversation with him pleading to be understood on a different note but here he was, walking out of the door, he said that he would help but he wont give him the suppressant that he really needs.

im too bothered by the rising heat inside of me that i didnt even heard him enter again the room carrying a pitcher of what i suspected was a very nice and cold water and a couple of cups.

"sir... suppressants please." i cant help it. its coming. its been gone for more than a year and now its coming back with a vengeance. being a recessive have its perks but this abrupt coming of heats, makes all the perks go down the drain.

"still a no, haru. i already told you that suppressants gave grave side-effects to the body. im here. i told you to use me however you like to deal with your heat."

what the hell is he talking about? earlier, hes been going on and on about wanting to be understood other than his playboy act but now here he is doing exactly like what he did to those people. throwing himself in to the pit of my heat. me, easily served in a silver platter meal.

i dont know what ill do when this heat come in all its might and im so afraid of him... afraid to be seen and treated like a whore... afraid to be tossed out after... afraid to be used... afraid to hope again... afraid to be... in love again...

"sir..."

"destan... if its just us, its destan for you, okay?" he said on a mild tone while caressing my head.

"des... destan..." i said rather awkwardly. hes sitting once again beside me and its making my whole body tingle due to his scent and presence. i want to touch him.

"yeah?" he caressed my forehead once again maybe wiping out a sweat or hair, i dont know. by this point thats the last thing i remember consciously.

--------------------------->>>>>

THIRD POV

destan got no intention of taking advantage of an omega in heat, especially this special one. he wont touch him without his consent either consciously or not. he knows that what will happen soon is inevitable but all that he could promise was hell be responsible.

as they both looked into each others eyes, haru suddenly reached the back of destans head and kissed him. destan didnt have the will to stop him. he knows its his heat making all these advancements and not his true feelings. hes a bit sad at some point but its the truth. he wants this to be the other way around... friendship, flirting, maybe making him his boyfriend first before proposing and having him all to himself by finally biting him... but his vampire side said otherwise and even his merfolk side agrees to claiming him right here right now.

he knows hell make a huge mistake but he doesnt want some stranger to be his. the goddess is the matchmaker but its him that make the choice and he chose haru. he fits perfectly in his arms... on his neck.. his very frame was made like the perfect puzzle to him. his scent lingers on his nose gently and the way his blood rush to his head and heart made his whole being feel alive... addicting to the point of no return... all he wants is this person with him... all he wants is him.

why didnt he felt this way before when he knew him during that presentation 4 years ago? is it because hes denying it unconsciously?, is it because hes setting a standard that he knew would be stupid?, is it because hes just plain stupid not to see it even if its already staring at him on his face?

harus been always there for him. all through his unreasonable requests, he delivered everything perfectly. hes beginning to be his anchor in every meeting hes in. hes becoming the reason why everything in his life fall into place. hes always been his peace.

hes always been the one.

destan held haru to his body afraid of losing his other half, his destined one. every kiss he gave to harus body where he littered with marks that only him could leave, every caress on his body that leave tracks of coolness and warmth at the same time made haru arch beneath him, his every moan calling out to his name sounds like an anthem to his psyche.

never in destans life he felt so satisfied, contented and fulfilled at the same time. not even the first time that he did this. its feels perfect, hes becoming insatiable.

condoms after condoms supplied by who knows who, haru felt everything fall into place. the searing hot mess inside him burn with gusto to every thrust destan gave him. hes his first but given how his body surrender to him makes him all placid to everything that he did to it. hes been scratched, held tight, bitten to a point of bleeding but these all just made him want more. destans a monster in bed and not just his size or desire to own him but his will to engulf him whole.

though hes under the influence of his heat, haru felt everything that transpires around him. he now knew why his heat stopped all of a sudden around a year and a half ago. its his feelings for his boss that he tried to bury. his wolf didnt like it and made a protest about it. he retreated from him making him all too human than a werewolf. he cant communicate with it like the royals are but he can feel what it wants to convey. him being distracted by everything his boss did made him lose track of what his wolf was trying to say. these days his boss treated him differently and his wolf might have sensed it and made a comeback along with all of its packages. heat and all.

harus rational side come and goes as days passed or what it feels like days. he would be one minute, so distant from destan but then another minute he would be clinging to him for dear life. in the morning hell be all cuddly and then by night hell be crying why he did this, why he did that.

destans been too keen to accommodate to his singers needs. he made it a routine for almost 2 weeks already. the whole day was breakfast, bathe, sex, brush, sex, sex some more, bathe, lunch, sex, more cuddling, sex, dinner, bathe, sex, brush, sex, sleep. being a vampire and the conscious one on this scenario has its perks, he doesnt need that much sleep. he doesnt tire easily, all he needs is a cup of blood for the whole day and hes all pumped up again for the next day.

"destan?" haru said one morning. he seems to be back from cloud nine. he feels clean and spent. not just his body but his head as well. its all been ringing ever since he came to a little while back. he cant literally move.

"hmm?" destan scooted over his singer from his side of the bed. hes been on his pad for work since 5 in the morning. harus been grunting and sniffling under the blanket and its been bothering him with concern and worry. "how are you?"

"im sorry." haru full on cried. hes so overwhelmed. all the emotions thats been running through him are all too jumbled up he cant even describe one from another. he felt the bed dipped and firm arms enveloped him like he was being embraced out of his sinkhole of emotions. "im sorry. im sorry."

"never apologize, haru. you did nothing wrong." destan kissed him on top of his head. harus all curled up like he was wanting, trying to hide himself. "we both know that im not just your boss and your not just my employee from the moment we laid eyes on each other."

haru cried himself on destans chest wanting to believe him, wanting to shoo away the doubt that was embedded in his heart, believing that everything was just his ruse to reel him in on his games.

but

every bit of harus being cried destan. destan. destan.

no matter how hard he tried to deny the fact that this man would only break his heart eventually and one day he would just say that its only for convenience sake and fun would be his own undoing.

tears fell down from his face as destan tried to abate the flow of his emotions. destan knew that hell be like this. he rang his uncle rin earlier and said that hell be like this for a while and hell just have to listen and be a comfort to him.

moments later, destan escorted haru to the bathroom as per his request to gather himself and take a bath. destan left him there inside for his own privacy which he respected but made sure to be near the door. he can pry it open as easy as squishing cheese even if haru locked it from the inside.

haru looked at himself in the mirror. given that his wolf came back and made him a bit presentable to look at by healing him little by little but his neck, back and even his legs all littered with bites, kissmarks and bruises. knowledge started surging in, he abruptly reached for his nape.

it stings.