Chapter XXI

HARU POV

i was so happy on how the things settled between our families and this party was lit. destans mom invited one of his dj friends, i dont know how he manage to befriend another guy without making his mate go haywire, and its a blast. the drinks was unlimited so theres no worries about that. the area was secured so we all can have a time for our lives tonight. im still shy to call destans mom as mom like destan do since im still seeing him as my idol and a celebrity. calling him as such would really hammer it in my head that hes already a family. geez!

destans mom was all over sir arius and the latter was all protective of his mate, encircling him in his arms as he danced. 

i was dancing with uncle liam, rin and some of the mates as well. shots after shots was given to us by our alphas and it seems the night was just starting.

my mom was already escorted into the house for rest since he was heavily pregnant and my dad was with him until hes comfortable. he promised to come back to tend to the guests until the party was over. my sister was with her friends and was now playing with something i dont know about. they got cups all over the table and shooting some tiny balls in it. i guess its quite fun given that shes now on the floor clutching her stomach in delight.

"tired?" a husky voice graced my ear. i turned around my mate who gaze at me with such intensity that the alcohol in my body started to buzz me out of my senses.

"a bit."

"want to sit down?"

"okay."

he escorted me to a table near us and handed me a drink. i could care less what it is, im so over the top happy right now. a~and its all gone.

"ill get us more drink, tan. okay? ill be back." i swayed my hips as i pulled myself up from my seat. i giggled as i caught destans eyes checking my ass out.

im high due to uncle rins drink and it got me liquid courage to face people in the buffet area. the guests, which comprises of close friends from town, shocked at my approach. im already at my 180 attitude from my high school days when i was still living here and im loving it. it feels liberating. its as if im already out of a constricting shell and it made me feel free. is this what it felt like accepting your fated mate? if it is, i would have accepted destan right there and then regardless of the rumors.

im so screwed.

i left the buffet area bringing with me two bottles. whatever, i got destan with me. he can take care of me no problem.

i was giggling my way back to my mate when i saw a trash. i felt myself huffing in anger. all the happines that i felt seconds before washed out of my system.

yup.

my 'friend' which i dont want to name at all, was all over my mate. now im seeing red. is she really serious in talking to my man like that? claws and all. i swear if its not for the courtesy of destans family present right here, i would have gone berserk but still i cant stand watching that scene. not in a million years.

"hey it stinks here." right then and there, i poured a bottle of beer on her tidy permed and styled hair which by the way stinks with all the chemicals she put in it. i fervently wished shell go bald. i guess bringing two drinks had its purpose. one for her head and one for my mate. but i guess giving her two would be so nice of me. shes my guest after all.

"you know what. im so glad i broke our friendship the moment you turned your back on me in high school. i just hang around you lot since im so afraid to be alone. now that were at this age, youre still as vile as ever. here," i gave her the last emptied bottle. "drink more of this and sober up. or ill push it in in your slut cunt, you whore!" i could have jumped on her and push her head on the dirt when i felt my feet got lifted off an inch from the ground. i felt two strong hands pulling me away.

"you wouldnt dare!" the audacity of this slut. for all i know she screwed half of the football team and even made her way to the taekwondo clubs members. she was never settled down. all the accusation pointed at her being a slut was redirected at me. all that class skipping during high school, she made me the scapegoat. i endured all that since shes the only one who talked to me. shes the only one who seemed to understand me. but all those times, i couldnt stand up to her. she the queen bee of the school and ill be the bad guy in case i stand my ground. and literally, shes the reason why i fell out of love of this town. i left everything i love here. i studied away from her toxicity. i want to be free from the stigma that she pushed me into. i dont even recall ever inviting her here.

oh, right. my parents didnt know much whats going on with me in school. they maybe thought that shes still my friend because of the times that i asked permission from them to hang out with her which turned out to be her excuse for a night out with some college boys from the local college. and these two bitches behind her, one of them was the one we met at the market earlier, were her close circle. whatever she did to me, they did to me as well. now that i think of it, i dont know whats going on in my mind before to stick with this bunch of garbages.

"oh? try me!" i exclaimed at the top of my lungs. im so done with them. i need to scream this out, if not im really going to do things i might soon regret.

"LET GO, DESTAN! IM SO DONE WITH HER! ALL THE YEARS THAT I HAVE ENDURED HER BACKSTABBING, IM SO DONE WITH IT!" i shouted and growled my way out of my mates arms but to no avail.

"dear, calm down." i did when i saw her being carried away lack a sack by some bulky man. "you know better than this."

"no, destan! im so pissed off right now! i know that she could get anything she wants when she wants it. now that her claws are all over you, she will get you from me. i dont want it." i dont want it! i dont want anyone but destan! i dont want to see destan with anyone other than me and the family that we will make. i dont want to be alone anymore. i dont want to be pitied. i dont want to be pushed to the sidelines again and be the miserable pup that i was once were. "youre mine! youre mine, destan!"

"im yours, dear. dont worry. im all yours." with that i snaked my arms around my mate and felt myself being lifted off higher. my body contours to his shape and i found myself crying like a baby in his arms.

i dont even mind his hands on my bum.