Chapter XXIV

on the way back to the penthouse, it was silent. haru was still unable to reply to destans question and he was half a mind to go back to his condo to let himself swallow all of what his mate had told him.

as soon as they stepped in in the penthouse, haru hurried to their room and packed a bag.

"where are you going?" destan asked as soon as he saw him go down with a bag in tow.

"im going back to my condo. i... i need some space... to... to think." haru said gasping for some needed air.

"what?" destan felt all the blood drained from his body. he felt cold all of a sudden even though his singer is in front of him. "no... No! NO!" destan picked up his space toward haru and hugged him whole.

"please... please... dont leave me...." destan cried on his singers shoulder.

"i just need space, destan."

"look..." destan held his arms up. "i will let you be but please dont leave this place. im so worried what i would do if you leave me alone like this. please."

"but... just for a bit, tan. just for a few days?"

destan was about to protest but haru cut him off by walking out of the door

---------------------->>>>>

HARU POV

i didnt want to walk out on him like that but i really need to have a space to think. his presence. his scent. his whole being make me scream to accept him no matter what but my rational self wont let me.

he killed out of love.

he killed a person.

he killed his lover.

im now his lover. his singer. would i be subjected to that as well?

i know i might be overthinking given that im already bitten and was still alive. thus, proving that im truly his singer. but would that stop him?

as soon as i stepped inside the cab, i almost jumped out back again and hug my mate. i never saw destan that distraught.

i shouldnt have left him like that.

but

i was bothered by one fact though.

vegas was the one who gave destan the idea of biting his brother. yes, it may be greed but the way destan explained the night of that event, macau being lethargic and destan was out of his senses. it doesnt sit well on my psyche no matter how they are in... during their... um... doing it.

as soon as i left my bag on the sofabed in my condo, i called someone who could answer my doubts.

--------------------->>>>>

DESTAN POV

seeing the retreating figure of my singer out of our door left me cold and betrayed.

no, haru didnt betray me.