Chapter XXVI

destan woke up to somebody wiping his face.

"tan? love? you okay?" that voice. destan longed for that voice. the more that he savor that voice inside his head, the more that he doesnt want to open his eyes. hes scared that this might be a dream.

awhile ago, as soon as they entered the penthouse, haru has been frantic. he instructed the guy carrying his mate to lay him down in their bedroom while he was preparing some hot water and a small towel. he didnt know vampires, or even a half one for this matter, could get fevers. destans been sweating cold bullets all throughout the car ride. now, whats happening?

are vampires supposed to be immune to these kind of any petty human illness? he only knew wolves could get this kind of fevers if their ruts are imminent. is he going into a rut? do vampires even go into one?

"thank you." haru uttered to the man as he left the room while he was carrying a basin with a bit of hot water in it.

"no problem, sir. anything you want just utter your demand anywhere in the house, well get it." he motioned to the entirety of the penthouse. is the place rigged?

haru could only nod to the man as he bowed low to him and disappeared as soon as he blinked.

shaking the shock off, he went to destans side of the bed and wiped him off of his sweat. he needs to change destans shirt since its been sweat on and also for him to feel fresh. he decided to just wipe him down to bits.

fighting all lascivious thought that ran through his head as he undressed his mate, haru removed destans clothing bit by bit as he wiped him. covering his naked mate with their thick blanket, he ran to their closet and pulled anything his hand could reach first. luckily he did pullout a simple white shirt and a sweatpants. he cant bring himself to pullout an undie for his mate. thatll be too much of an invasion of privacy, is what he thought. theyre home so no one will judge him if he goes commando.

as soon as haru saw destan all clean and calm, he cant help to shake a bit due to the receding adrenaline in his system. dizziness washed over him. hes so worried earlier when destan suddenly collapsed and fell unconscious. followed by him showing symptoms of a fever all of a sudden. hes so scared that he could have slugged the driver in front of him due to his slow paced driving. but seeing the situation that hes in, destans condition was far more important than his own emotions.

how could haru leave the man who seems so strong in the outside but carried a heavy burden in his heart through all these years?

if only he trusted his mate a bit more, no, if only he could give an ounce of faith to destan that the man would be far from being a killer, he could have supported him and carried some of the burden to lighten his mates suffering. how could he think of him as such? he knew that the alphas in this family would go to the extreme to protect their mates. what could they do? he doesnt intend to find out. not, if he could help it but inside he knew they wouldnt do anything abhorrent without a reason.

thoughts swirling in harus mind as he laid down on destans chest. hearing his mates slow and steady heartbeat made him be lulled to sleep. hes eyes were already fluttering close when he uttered the words that would have been said before instead of him leaving.

"i love you."

destans now absolutely sure that he wasnt dreaming when he saw haru ran to their closet to get him some clothes and painstakingly clothed him. he feels so sluggish that even though he wanted to hug his singer all he could do was lay there and feel his senses growing. hes too hot. hes feeling too hot for comfort. whats going on with him?

is he going into a rut? hes not a werewolf for heavens sake. not even a full vampire or even a mer-people at that... wait... could mer-people go into heats, too?