Chapter XII

"sir youll have a lunch meeting with the pharma company for their advertisement proposal at 11 this morning. how will you proceed with it sir?" haru tried to stabilize his breath as he read the ceos schedule for today.

"well be there together. wheres the venue?" destan said not even looking up. he got a mountain of documents that his father left for him to finalize. hes greatful for his old man to cover for him for the past two weeks but he could have finish some of this documents by giving im a call. nevertheless, its all no brainer.

"at a traditional restaurant fifteen minutes from here. theyre acquainted with the owner so they suggested the place and got your fathers approval to it." haru read the note of the previous ceos, destans father, secretary.

"we have just an hour for it then. prepare all that is needed. for now ill have to finish this then youll accompany me to some studios for inspection." he looked at his secretary and smiled from ear to ear.

harus having a goosebump moment with his boss. is this really the destan he knew? he never smiled like this before and if ever he did, he was so pissed off to the point of haru holding him off from attacking a person in a meeting. is he pissed off right now? what did he do wrong?

haru just stared at his boss still in disbelief. "sure, sir."

"as i said before, its destan if its just the two of us."

"cant help it sir. were at work. we must remain professional no matter what our relationship is." harus aiming now for the door while flashing an unintentional chuckle at his boss.

destan was awestruck by what he saw and heard. did haru just laugh? because of him? at him? is he making progress? is he at the right track then? he came back to reality when he heard the click of the door being closed.

destan reached for the phone to call at the cafe at the first floor. "MS cafe, how can i help you sir?" said a woman in the other line.

"can i have a set a to be sent to the ceos office right this minute?"

"set a. copy, sir."

"give it to my secretary by my door."

"very well, sir. thank you."

by that, destan cut off the line. the cafe knew that it was him who called since hes the only one with a green light flickering signal on all the companys intercom phone. and hes sure that every employee all wished to never have that light flicker at anytime.

fifteen minutes passed, a slow knock can be heard inside the ceos office and haru entered with a tray full of food.

"sir? did you happen to order from the cafe?"

"i did. is it here already?" destan stood up and opened the door wide for haru. "smells good."

haru entered and proceeded to the only table at the end of the room where the executives have their meetings with the ceo from time to time.

haru was about to leave when destan suddenly hugged him from behind. "um... sir?"

"i said its destan for the nth time, dear. or whatever endearment you want to call me."

"let me go, s- umn... destan." harus about to wiggle his way out but destan remained firm.

"where are you going? sit down, lets have our breakfast first before we proceed with work."

haru was about to slap his head for forgetting about food. yes, they just went directly at the office without any meal. what meal could he prepare at home when he just threw everything away from the fridge since it all went bad.