Chapter I

HARU POV

25 years old

The moment i stepped foot on the tiled floor of MSS Entertainment, i knew right then and there that this company is my final workplace. its the feeling that this place is my home, my safe place.

weird, right?

as soon as i saw a vacancy on their website, i hurriedly filed my application. i was even surprised that my mom, new, know the ceo of the company. i mean personally knew. hes the son of the in-law of my moms friend which happened to be also the son of the infamous, nhu, the song siren. im really a super fan of his. hes one of the reasons why i love and wanted to be employed in that company as well.

the moment i saw the email of the final interview after that tedious exam of theirs, its as if im one step closer to my dream.

thats why when i got the call, THE CALL from hr that im hired, i almost got myself killed.

literally.

im crossing a busy intersection when my phone rang. im so anxious all day that day, i dont know why. i kept on holding on to my phone as if its for my dear life. at that moment that they said those magic words, i froze in the middle of the pedestrian lane. call me crazy, but that time i am.

people just stared at me like i was. i dont particulary remember all the details because when i came to my senses, im already at my studio apartment but the soles of my feet and the scrape on my knee told me i danced my way here and tumbled on some pavement i dont know where.

 i dont particulary remember all the details because when i came to my senses, im already at my studio apartment but the soles of my feet and the scrape on my knee told me i danced my way here and tumbled on some pavement i dont know where

i dont know if mom made some effort to enable me to get into the job but if he did, ill be grateful, if not, thanks the goddess for this blessing.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" i rang my mom and the moment he answered, i screamed my heart out.

"what!? whats wrong?! where are you?" he said quite startled.

"i got it! I GOT IN MOM!" im so overjoyed i dont know what to do.

"in? in what?" is he serious?

"i got in as one of the secretaries to the CEO of MSS Entertainment." i said as calmly as i could.

"wha-... oh my goddess!" my mom gasped. there was a moment of quiet but not a little while after, i heard multiple of shrieks and screams. apparently, my moms best friend and my godparent, Mat, is there with him.

"CONGRATULATIONS BABY HARU!!!!" i heard them scream over the line. "come home, lets celebrate!"

"i want to, i want to... but i cant... i have to process multiple documents for my file. i need to be done with them this week so that i can start by monday." then silence. now im feeling guilty. "please, i really want to fly over there and celebrate with you guys but i have to process those documents. i only got 3 working days left this week so i need to hurry things up."