ꜰʟᴀꜱʜʙᴀᴄᴋꜱ: ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴀ'ꜱ ʟɪꜰᴇ

......

Amelia's mother, Luna, had been dating a man named Matteo for over five years. The first years of their relationship were healthy and peaceful and they got along tremendously. When Luna started hanging out with her friends again after the thrill of her relationship eased into perfect stability, spending more and more time with them and leaving Matteo behind, he became angry and without having revealed any signs leading up to that, he forbade her to see anyone but him. Luna was very patient and understanding at first. She followed his rules, believing that it was just a phase and hoping that he would get over it soon.

Days passed and nothing had changed. The constant interrogation and all the pressure he was putting on her became so intense that she started sneaking out to meet her friends. It was when she was away from home that she felt like she could still have a great time but everything was ruined when Matteo found out.

They'd had multiple arguments in the past, most of them being the result of his unreasonable outbursts over things he had no right to think he could control— but nothing had ever come close to intimidating Luna like the one that broke out in the kitchen that night, loud and disturbing as though it were a suppressed storm awaiting to be released upon her.

Things took an ugly turn when Matteo decided that his shill yelling wasn't enough to make his intentions as clear as he wanted them to be. He hit her and she fell to the ground, groaning at the blurriness of her vision, the dizziness spreading in her body and the bleeding gash in the back of her head. Luna was full of scratches and bruises when he grabbed her arm and lifted her up.

He bent down to level himself with her weak frame, whispering in her ear, "This is what happens when you go against my rules." He said, "You are mine and only mine." He yelled throwing her back to the ground.

She covered her head with her scarred hands as tears began to fall from her eyes. "I'm sorry," she whispered, "I promise I'll never do it again." She was crying hysterically while her legs were shaking.

"Good girl," he smirked and left her to cry on the floor.

The days after the incident passed and Luna remained locked up in her room, most days thinking about what she could do. She wanted him dead, she knew that much. From that day, the day he first hit her, the day her body was covered in scars, what she previously called love had turned into burning hatred and palpitating fury. He did not stop treating her with violence and threatening her.

Another month passed when he found out she had his baby. She wanted to run away and she did. She disappeared and went to stay away from him. It wasn't just the decision of whether or not she wanted to keep his child that she had to make— but also, she had to choose between tearing herself to pieces to raise it alone instead of bringing it into a world where it'd have to watch his mother being hit by the person who was supposed to love her the most.

She didn't want her child to go through all that. She didn't even know if she should tell her daughter about her father. She wanted to erase her past and start a new life.

A few months ago she met Derek's father, Alejandro, and his sweet but equally mean fifteen-year-old son, Derek. In desperate need of the solace of a healthy home for both herself and her adolescent daughter, Amelia, Luna and Alejandro got together and made the perfect family.

*She knew that both of them were werewolves*