ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

......

Three months had passed after Peter's death, and finally, spring had entered the year, taking away all the depressing mood winter had caused to everyone. Spring is a season of renewal and growth. The trees and flowers begin to bloom, filling the air with the sweet scent of blooming flowers. The grass turns a lush green, and the sun shines bright and warm. Birds return from their winter migration and fill the sky with their melodic songs. The days become longer, and the weather becomes milder, inviting people to spend more time outside. Spring is a season of hope and new beginnings, a time when the world awakens from its winter slumber.

The atmosphere was energetic, by the glow the sun gave to it, finally shedding its annoying stabbing of winter. Springtime never waits upon the perfect ice-free day, yet pushes forth at the first chance for the warming light of day. It greets the skin as butterfly wings greet the air, with a gentle uplifting confidence, and comes with a gentle spirit, as one who realizes that warming up softly often brings the best results to the heart and soul.

For teenagers was the last month of school, then it followed by summer exams and then break. Some of them took exams to pass the class, while others were studying hard for their finals and getting ready for graduation. Derek had received two days ago the results of the university he wanted to get into and he had passed. He, Amelia, and their parents had gone outside for a drink to celebrate, while things were calm between them and their parents. They had accepted Derek and Amelia's relationship, but sometimes they still found it weird. However, everything was going pretty normal.

After the drink they had with their parents, it had followed a goodbye party Scott had organized for Derek before he left for college. It was one of the best nights the group had during the whole year. Georgia had officially entered the group, as she and Stiles had gotten together one month ago, and they were so adorable together. That night, all of them danced until their feet hurt, drank until they were drunk, and had fun like it was their last day on earth, and by tomorrow the end of the world would come.

Allison and Amelia had come really close with Georgia and had tried their best to make her feel comfortable with them and be herself freely. Georgia's gut was right when she felt from the first day, in the cafeteria, that the time when someone could accept her for who she is had finally come. Since that day, she never felt again being left outside, or like she was a ghost following the alive bodies of the persons she once called friends. The three of them had spent a lot of girl nights, or days going shopping or seeing a movie, even talking about boys and sharing their deepest secrets –or secrets that someone could feel comfortable sharing–. Amelia had shared her ugly secret with Allison, but she was the last person she would talk about it with. After Allison, each new person she met, didn't have to know.

In addition, Peter's death had brought Chris and Alejandro close without that meaning that they were friends again. It was something impossible as Alejandro's trust in Chris was already broken, but they were completely two different people as well. They weren't the two immature teenagers who hadn't discovered their personalities yet. They were two old men, mature now, and with two different personalities which would never fit again. Alejandro had just listened to his gut and decided to call a truce between them.