ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

......

Derek and Amelia are two teenagers who grew up together since Amelia was 13 and Derek was 15. He is two years older than her and cares a lot for his little sister. Amelia on the other hand sometimes finds Derek really annoying or overprotective. However, they love each other and appreciate the fact that their parents met.

After things with her ex got really bad and Luna decided that she couldn't bear the idea of bringing her daughter into a family with such an unhealthy dynamic and occasional display of violence, she moved to Germany, where she found a job to provide Amelia the best life possible. Years later, when Luna had managed to heal and become an admirably strong woman, she met Derek's father, Alejandro, during her shift at the small coffee shop two blocks away from her apartment. Amelia was thirteen and Derek was fifteen at the time.

It took their parents a year of dating before they decided to introduce each other to their children and hopefully escalate their relationship into something closer to a family.

The truth is, Derek didn't like Amelia, and Amelia didn't like Derek at first. He seemed so mean and was against everything she said. And Amelia, not being the kind to tolerate unreasonable rudeness, would always bite back. They certainly didn't get along the way their parents had imagined.

When things got more serious between Luna and Alejandro, they decided to move in together and after another year, they returned to Beacon Hills, Derek's hometown. Amelia didn't like the idea of her entire life taking a different route by moving in with Derek, and neither did he. But slowly they started to feel comfortable with each other and once their prejudice-driven rivalry was out of the way, they managed to get close very quickly. It was as if they had known each other for years. The bond between them was really strong and still is. They were by each other's side in very difficult times.

A few months later their parents got married and sealed their family with a promise of eternal love and devotion. They were all happy, at last.

Luna discovered that Alejandro and Derek were werewolves when she first started dating Alejandro. Derek told Amelia the truth when they first met, but neither Amelia nor Luna had a problem with that hidden part of them.