ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

......

"So, did Alejandro talk to you? Or you two are still angry at each other?" Amelia asked while they walked in the corridors, making their way to the cafeteria where the others were waiting for them. It had been three days since Luna and Alejandro had gone on a date, but the situation at home was still weird. Neither Alejandro nor Luna had talked to their children about the whole topic of the relationship. They only exchanged a good morning and a good night the past three days.

"Nope," Derek shrugged. "But luckily we stopped arguing."

"No shit Derek," Amelia said with sarcasm "We live in the same house remember? I know that you two stopped since it is quiet after a while." Derek rolled his eyes in annoyance before Amelia spoke again "Besides what else he could find to argue with you?"

"I have no idea, but he could find anything, trust me, to prove to me what I –we– are doing is wrong." an ironic chuckle escaped his throat "Anyway, how is Luna against you? Has she talked to you or.."

"No, she hasn't." Amelia answered quietly "I feel like I really disappointed her Derek. Every time she looks at me, the disappointment in her eyes is so clear. Seeing her eyes, her look, feels like someone came and stabbed me with several knives in my stomach until I couldn't breathe, a-and it is awful like I didn't– we didn't– do, something wrong to deserve this right?" She faced Derek, her blue eyes almost watered.

"No Ami, we didn't," he wrapped his arm around her shoulder kissing the top of her head "We hadn't planned about it. It was something none of us expected but it happened now and we can't change it. We tried to pretend that those feelings don't exist but we failed."

"True. I-I just feel like...I mean she gave me everything so I could be happy and I am disappointing her. S-She doesn't deserve this, she really fought for me Derek, after what she went through and that's how I thank her." she took a deep breath "I mean I want more than anything to be with you, and nothing will stop this desire, it just hurts when I see her like that. I feel like I am not the daughter she wanted me to be."

"Amelia, you know that's not true. I will give you the simplest example I can think about, okay?" Derek said and Amelia agreed with a nod "Did you like it when she told you that she married my dad? Did you like it when she told you that you would leave behind your life to begin a new one? That you will have to live with two new men? Did you approve of her relationship with my dad from the start? Was it easy for you to adjust to all these new things? Answer me honestly."

"No. No, I didn't approve of her relationship with Alejandro at first, and yes it took me months to get used to it and most importantly get along with you." Derek laughed quietly at the mention of his name