ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

......

Today was the last day of school and one day before prom. Allison had promised Amelia to go together and buy the prom dress. What happened hadn't affected their friendship though. Allison was staying with Scott, while she didn't want to be with her dad. Her family had a code, hunt those who hunt us, but they had broken it years ago. Of course, werewolves were dangerous species, especially if they were out of control, but that didn't mean that each one deserved to be killed. There were plenty of methods to teach them to have full control like Alejandro did with Derek and Derek did with Scott. But no, Argents assumed that they were monsters.

"So Stiles, did you find a girl to go to prom with?" It was lunchtime and the group was sitting in the cafeteria. Now that things were finally a lot better, everyone had become a friend group. Although a long while had passed and Derek had started trusting Stiles more, and being kind —most of the time— to him, especially since he was by Amelia's side.

"To be honest, I wanted to ask Amelia to go as friends since I didn't have someone else, but you got to her first, so I don't know" Stiles shrugged and Derek arched his left eyebrow unconsciously. Amelia kicked him under the table and let out a soft laugh as Derek had made it obvious that he was jealous, and immediately he softened his expression.

"You can come with us," those words left Derek's lips but he tried to seem nice even though deep down he wanted this moment only for him and Amelia.

"No, no it's okay. I will probably do something with my dad, he needs it anyway. Thanks though," he said and gave Derek a smile full of appreciation. Derek responded with a smile too and returned his attention back to others.

"So guys," Allison started "do you have any idea what the winter prom will look like?"

"Since you are new here, let me explain to you." Scott gave her a playful smile and started "Well because it's winter, the main theme is blue and white. There are blue and white balloons. Some of them are silver sometimes too." He paused for a moment, thinking about what else he could say. Scott really enjoyed explaining things, and he was really good at it. "Also, there are four or five big tables, where you can sit. On one counter are the drinks and on the other snacks. However, the music doesn't follow the season. Different kinds of songs are played, cheerful ones, slow ones, and more."

"It seems beautiful," Amelia exclaimed, her voice full of enthusiasm. "I look forward to it." Everyone stared at Amelia for a moment, with raised eyebrows and Amelia felt her cheeks burn and blushing. "What?" She said innocently and the group burst into laughter.

"I'll come and pick Amelia up at seven to go and buy our dresses, jewelry, shoes and everything that we need. Is that okay?" Allison addressed Derek remembering how the last time ended. She didn't want to put Amelia's life in danger again, and also she still regretted her father's actions —as it wasn't something simple how much he tortured Derek and Alejandro— so she wanted to make sure Derek didn't have a problem with that.