ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

......

The doctors said that Amelia needed more time to recover and she would be okay if she stayed home for the next month, and that's what she did; she stayed home yesterday, today, and following the doctors' advice, she would for the entire month.

The whole house was empty when she woke up this morning. Her mum and Alejandro had gone to work and Derek was probably in school. When she got up and finished with her morning routine, she went downstairs and entered the kitchen to make herself breakfast. She wasn't really hungry so she made something light. She opened the fridge and grabbed the milk and then a bowl from the cupboard. She put cereal in it and poured the milk.

Amelia didn't eat all of it because her appetite was cut short after last month's events. She placed the bowl on the counter and went back to her room and lay back on her bed. She grabbed her book from the nightstand next to her and started reading. She didn't know what was wrong with her today, but she had probably woken up in a bad mood. The time passed pretty fast when she realized that she had read more than five or six chapters in one hour.

She threw the book to the bed and went to the bathroom again. Amelia saw herself in the mirror and she looked so weird. Her eyes seemed so tired while her whole body was aching. She felt sick. Amelia was staring at herself for minutes, hating each part of it when she started crying.

Thousands of tears were streaming down her cheeks. She didn't even know why she was crying so hard. Was it fear, because of what had happened? She didn't know and she couldn't find out right away, so she kept crying when she bent to the toilet and threw up. It was weird, really weird because she hadn't eaten something except the milk with the cereal. Her body started aching more and more when she sat down on the floor, laying back to the wall, closing her eyes, and trying to catch a breath and relax.

What the hell was that? She questioned. She stayed in the bathroom, doing nothing for more than forty minutes. When she finally decided to stand up, she made her way to Derek's bedroom. She would always feel relieved when she entered his room. Amelia laid down on his bed and closed her eyes, trying to avoid and forget about this awful feeling, which she had no idea what it was.

Amelia had fallen asleep when she heard footsteps entering the room. A hand touched her shoulder gently, trying to wake her up.

"Amelia," she heard a male voice and turned around to face him. Derek was above her, waiting for her to wake up. He had a really strange look on his face, like he wanted her to leave his room, like he didn't want her here. Amelia remained silent, staring at his green eyes, waiting for him to speak again or say something else, but he was silent too.

"Hey," she said a few seconds or a minute later. The annoyed look on his face was telling everything. For some reason he wanted her to leave, and she could see it in his eyes. She stood up, hardly, and headed out of his room. "The next time you will want me to leave your room just say it." Amelia paused and turned to look at him. He nodded in agreement and closed his door.