ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

......

The past three days were so boring for all the students. This week felt particularly close as the Christmas break was close, and as winter had finally entered the year, everyone was in a Christmas mood. Inside them feelings of joy, warmth, and nostalgia dominated. They were waiting for schools to finish so they could return to their homes, bake cookies, decorate the Christmas tree and the next morning find presents under it, from their friends, family, and grandparents.

The happiness circuit was thought to be a single part of the brain responsible for making you feel that warmth in your chest, making your heart beat quickly with joy, and forming an expression of happiness on your face – an expression thought to be universal across peoples and cultures.

The classes finished really slowly while it was so torturing for the students, as they just wanted to go back home and do anything other than study.

"So I want you for the next lesson to do a project with one of your classmates and present it in the class." The history teacher said and Amelia came back to reality.

"Do you want to do it together?" Allison asked Amelia who was sitting in front of her. History was the only class Allison and Amelia were together.

"Yes, of course," Amelia exclaimed as her face was full of enthusiasm, "but is your dad okay with that?" Of course, he wasn't and Amelia knew it, but deep inside she hoped that Chris had gotten over whatever was that made him run after her family for years. Amelia's family had never hurt them, but Alejandro never told them why his relationship with Chris was full of hatred. The only thing Alejandro had said was that Chris chose to become one of his family members, and hunt supernatural creatures. Since then he never saw the Chris he knew. He was lost.

"Well no, but he doesn't have to know." Allison said with a small smirk "Besides he spends most of the time at my grandpa's with him and my aunt Kate."

"Oh yes I remember Kate," Amelia said "She used to be at the house babysitting us when we were young." She had known Kate for years but never thought that she was one of them. One of the guys who would chase Alejandro and Derek until they were dead.

"True. My dad spends a lot of time with them all month, and I barely see him anymore," she complained.

"Why is that?" Amelia asked curiously "I mean if you want to discuss it." But before Allison started explaining to her the bell rang and all the students stood up from their seats and headed out of the class.

"No, I'll tell you, let's go to the cafeteria so we can discuss comfortably." Amelia nodded and they made their way into the cafeteria. Stiles was sitting alone at a table waiting for the two girls, while Derek and Scott were a few tables away. Allison approached Scott's table and Amelia followed her, waiting for her to finish talking with her boyfriend. She could feel Derek's eyes on her, but she didn't turn around. She kept watching Allison and Scott, knowing how lucky they were when Allison gave him a quick kiss on the lips and grabbed Amelia's arm, leading her to the table Stiles was.