ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜱɪx

......

"Amelia," Luna called from her room as she was getting ready for a date with her husband. They had planned to go out as they had their marriage anniversary. Luna had put on a long black dress, which hugged her hips and waist perfectly and highlighted every part of her body. The dress had only one, long sleeve on the left, while the right part was sleeveless. From her waist and down there was a slit up her thigh, which made her look even more beautiful in it. "Come and help me with the earrings."

Amelia forced herself from the bed and made her way to Alejandro's and Luna's bedroom. The announcement she and Derek had made to their parents was still fresh, and the atmosphere was weird. They could see the doubt in their eyes clearly, and they weren't sure if they could leave them alone at home. Amelia still felt her chest burn every time she saw the disappointment in her mother's eyes.

She had found happiness and safety after an ugly past that haunted her and I was about to ruin it. How the fuck I am a good daughter after all?

She opened the door and found her mother standing in front of the mirror looking so beautiful. Amelia always had her as her idol and she always wanted to look like her when she grew up. Her hair was up in a high ponytail. She had applied some light makeup, while the black heels she was wearing made her taller. Amelia stared at her for a moment before she finally stepped in and closed the door behind her. Alejandro was already down in the kitchen talking with Derek. The tension between them hadn't faded yet.

"You look so pretty," Amelia said softly with a smile as she grabbed the gold hoop earrings from the desk and helped Luna put them on. Luna responded with a gentle smile which disappeared faster than it had appeared earlier. Luckily she and her mother hadn't gotten into a serious argument like Derek and Alejandro but still, there was much tension in the atmosphere.

"Hope you and Derek act like two responsible teenagers," she looked Amelia in the eyes, seeing the reflection of her young self, which she had tried her best to bury in her memories, but it was difficult when her daughter looked exactly like the younger version of her.

"We will use a condom don't worry," she mumbled as she rolled her eyes. It felt weird hearing those words abandon her mother's lips, and it hurt somehow because she acted like she didn't know how responsible Amelia was all these years.

"What did you say?" Luna raised an eyebrow crossing her arms.

"Nothing. Okay, whatever you want," She rolled her eyes and left the room, climbing down the stairs and heading to the kitchen where Derek and Alejandro were still arguing. Were things different, Amelia would say something like that to her mother out loud, without shame as they were really close to each other, but now she couldn't. It wasn't the same.

Amelia's eyes met Derek's who was sitting in front of his dad. She could see only by his annoyance and tiredness, as he hadn't stopped arguing with Alejandro from yesterday. The only moment they stopped was at night when everyone went to their beds. Amelia opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, as she leaned on the counter, watching the argument with amusement. She couldn't understand what else Alejandro could find to continue the argument, and why he didn't just drop it.