ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx

......

Amelia was in the hospital still recovering from Scott's attack. She'd spent four nights there, with Derek the first two nights and with her mother the others. A big part of her body was covered with gauze, but her wounds were still bleeding. It was almost night and a nurse entered the room. She opened the window when cold air came inside and made her tremble because of the cold air, under her blanket.

"It's really cold outside," she said "Why did you open the window?"

"Because we are in a hospital with so many sick people." The nurse stated, "It is necessary to open the windows during the day, and let fresh air get in every room."

"Yeah, but it's cold outside" Amelia repeated "This doesn't help the sick patients to recover."

The old woman raised an eyebrow and ignored Amelia completely, heading out of the room. Amelia tried to stand up and walk to the window to close it but she couldn't. She couldn't move her legs, or change her body position because of the scratches. She was feeling them acutely and they were aching so much. Amelia laid back in her bed waiting for someone to come and close the window. She closed her eyes trying to relax and forget about the pain which ran through her veins when she heard a knock on the door.

"Hey," Stiles said while Amelia turned to him "How are you?" He was standing outside the room, not knowing if he could come in. Amelia and Stiles weren't that close yet. They talked in school sometimes, especially when the group gathered in the cafeteria, but now that Allison had come close with Scott, they didn't spend much time together.

"Come in," she gave him a small smile. Stiles approached Amelia, closing the big, brown door behind him. He helped her change her body position and sit on the bed with crossed legs so they could discuss easier. "Well, to be honest, I am in pain but it's okay."

"I am so sorry about what happened to you," he said, trying his best to comfort her. Deep inside him, he felt guilty that he didn't look after Scott with the attention it was needed, but on the other hand, even if he was more careful, Scott would have escaped anyway. And if Stiles had tried to stop him, maybe he would no longer be alive.

"No, no it's okay," Amelia said trying to comfort him "I know how difficult it is to find control, believe me. Derek struggled his whole life trying to find some, and it was really hard for him but he did it after all."

"I am sorry because not only are you here, in the hospital, injured, but also because I let Scott leave. I wasn't as careful as I had to be."

"Hey Stiles, look at me. It's not easy to take care of a werewolf who is trying to discover all his powers." Amelia began, "All these things are new for Scott, and believe me no one finds control from the first day." Stiles approached her and sat next to her "For someone it will take days or weeks to learn how to control it, but for others —like Derek— can take years."

Stiles gave her a small and asked with hesitance. "Are you afraid of Scott?"

"I am but not because I think he is dangerous. I know pretty well that he is one of the kindest and funniest people you can meet."