ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

......

The blinding shafts of light beat against the glass. It was enough to wake anybody up after a heavy night of drinking, fun, and giggles. Amelia could see the rays of sunlight lighting up the room and it was always so refreshing for her to see that much light in the morning.

Amelia made herself comfortable in the bed and yawned, stretching every muscle in her body. When she relaxed, she started looking around in confusion —she had just woken up so she was trying to understand where she was. The room had blue walls, full of posters. Right in front of her, there was a huge, transparent board with pictures of unsolved cases, red, green, and yellow threads were pinned from picture to picture.

Stiles, she murmured remembering everything.

Stiles knocked on the door and walked into the room "Good morning sleeping-head," Stiles joked "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," she smiled "thank you, I needed this."

"Anytime," he smiled "I hope things between you and Derek become better soon," Stiles said, putting his arm gently on Amelia's shoulder. Amelia nodded, trying not to think much about Derek, as she had woken up in a great mood.

"So, what do you have for breakfast?" Amelia stood up, leaving Stiles's room, and he followed her.

"I have cereal and milk, as usual." He shrugged and opened the fridge, placing the milk on the table. Amelia grabbed it, pouring it into her bowl and then she put some cereal too. Her ginger hair fell gently on her back, and her blue eyes seemed so bright from the sunlight falling on them.

"When you are finished, my dad wants us to go and help him with something," Stiles said, sitting on the table, in front of her.

"What is it about?" Amelia asked curiously. She had never met Stiles' father in person, had not even seen him. She had only heard about him from Stiles, Derek, and Scott.

"I don't really know," Stiles shrugged. "But as I understood, he got his promotion and he is moving into a new office, so he wants us to help him clear up his old office and move some of his things into the new one."

"Oh my gosh," she exclaimed "Congratulations to Mr.Stilinski. I'm almost finished, and then we can go."

"Take your time." Stiles gave her a small smile and made his way upstairs to his room to get dressed. Amelia finished with her breakfast and placed the bowl into the sink, making her way to Stiles' room.

She knocked on the door before entering the room. "Come in," Stiles said and she opened the door. He was wearing a pair of grey pants and a white —you can say oversize— t-shirt. It was a casual outfit. Amelia on the other hand had slept with the clothes she had gone to the party in, so she didn't need to change. "Are you ready?" Stiles asked.

"Yes, we can leave," she replied and both of them ran downstairs. Stiles grabbed the car keys from the table, and they left the house. They climbed into his blue jeep and started driving to the police station. During the drive, they didn't talk a lot, but Stiles could see in Amelia's face that she was much calmer than she was yesterday. It was like a burden had left and now another one was needed to leave so she can be happy again. But for now, she seemed so fine.