ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

......

Α week had passed after the incident with the kidnapping and things started getting back to normal. Everyone had calmed down, and luckily Chris hadn't tried to capture Alejandro and Derek again. The weather was getting colder and colder, as the days were passing, and finally, it gave a better vibe of winter. There was a possibility of snow next week, something that everyone wished would happen. See, the Hale family was a fan of snow and there is no way of missing out, even if someone was sick.

However, Amelia's and Derek's relationship was normal again, but none of them made a move to make things clear. Amelia knew that Derek was ready any time to discuss everything, but the problem was that -even though her feelings for him were clear now- for some reason she wanted to avoid it. Fear. Shame. She didn't know, but she couldn't hide anymore, behind the walls she had built by herself.

"Hey," Amelia knocked on Derek's door and stepped in. "Are you busy?"

A small smile of satisfaction appeared on Derek's face and it faded at the same time. "Never for you." he said with a gentle tone, "What is it?" Derek closed his closet, where he had started putting his winter clothes. More hoodies, jackets, long pants and not shorts, all the stuff which was necessary for winter. He approached his bed and sat on the corner of it, leaving space for Amelia to sit next to him.

"Well," Amelia climbed into the bed and crossed her legs, facing Derek, "I think there is a conversation we need to have," she said trying to play it cool when you could recognize by her tone how scared she was.

"I'm all ears," Derek said calmly. He knew pretty well what Amelia wanted to discuss with him. He had observed how Amelia was avoiding this subject but at the same time how much she wanted to discuss it. However, he never pursued her, not after he told her, not when they tried to fix their relationship when she came back from the hospital, not now, not never. He gave her the time she needed. Derek knew Amelia, and he knew for sure that she would never let it pass like it had never happened.

"I think you know what it is."

"No" he lied.

"Derek," she raised her eyebrow "I may not hear your heartbeat rising when you lie, but, you are an awful liar."

"It was on purpose Ami," Derek gave her an arrogant smile.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, tucking her hair behind her ear, and started. "When we were in the hospital, you said three words I love you," she paused feeling weird leaving those words slip from her lips "First of all I want to apologize that it took me so long to–" Derek opened his mouth to interrupt her but she stopped him "No. Let me finish." And he nodded 

"The truth is that I was confused at first. I didn't know if I felt the same. I always felt something for you, when you touched me, hugged me, kissed me, but I ignored all of them. I couldn't accept that I was into my 'brother'. I had buried those feelings inside of me for years and I promised myself never to let them out again. And it worked. Fake it 'till you make it people say. They stayed buried there until the day you confessed."