ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

......

One week had passed after Amelia's surgery and she had returned back home safe and healthy. It was a miracle that the surgery went well and no mistakes happened. It was one of the worst experiences that she had ever had, this and the attack she had from Scott –at least this hadn't sent her on surgery, with fifty-fifty possibly of staying disabled. Her mum, Alejandro, and Derek were by her side during the whole process. Every member of the family was worried about her, if she would wake up or if this situation Amelia went through was worthy.

The doctors said that she could go back home after a week, and little by little she would return to her normal life. Her back was getting better day by day until the day she finally left the hospital. Derek had gone to help her pack some of the things she had brought with her, t-shirts, pajamas, and of course the stuffed blue-eyed wolf Derek had given her when she was about to have her surgery, knowing pretty well that it would give her more strength. And it had. It had given her strength and courage.

While he was packing all of her things Amelia was sitting at the hospital bed recalling the last conversation she had with Derek. I love you she remembered him saying, hugging the little stuffed wolf tightly. She didn't know how to feel, or what to say, and she didn't have the time to think while she was in the hospital. Her mind wasn't clear after all the pills she had been taking just to lower the pain on her back which was agonizing. But one thing she had known for sure was that the things between them were calm. Really calm, and that had been something that would help her think clearly now, she had returned back home, as the weight she had been carrying all these weeks was almost gone.

The week she had spent in the hospital after her surgery, Derek hadn't let her alone for a moment. Day and night he was there, sitting on this old —but comfortable— chair next to her, keeping her company. He didn't do any of these only to be forgiven by her but because he had recognized that this was the biggest mistake he had made in all these eighteen years of life. Derek wanted to fix things, the relationship between them. He didn't want to show Amelia that if she would try to love him, he could offer her everything. Actually, Amelia knew either way that Derek was capable of giving his life for her. He just wanted to help her push away and forget all the pain she had been feeling all this while. He didn't care if she was feeling the same as he was or if she would ever love him the way he loved her.

All this week, they had had a normal relationship. Amelia had been trying to ignore Derek's confession, as she needed him by her side now. Except for Allison and Stiles who had visited her a lot of times, Derek was the one she needed the most, and she wouldn't let all her thoughts push him away until she would be ready to talk about it. She wanted him by her side, and she would keep him for as long as she could until she would return home. Amelia had warned him "I need you, and I will leave what has happened between us behind for some days, and what you had said, but when I will return home healthy, I want you to give me some space to think." he had nodded and respected it. And that's what Derek did. He took advantage of his week, until today, when both of them had finished packing and had returned home.