ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ

......

"Look at you," Amelia said admiring Derek dressed in a white shirt and black bottoms "You are going to graduate today!" She exclaimed her eyes shining with amusement and enthusiasm. The white shirt suited him better than black or whatever dark color he wore, as it made a perfect contrast with his dark hair and matched his green eyes perfectly. If she continued looking at him, she would lose her logic. He was so hot. Not only does the white t-shirt suit him but also highlights every muscle on his body. How tight and strong his shoulders are and how hard his chest is. He seemed so huge and powerful like always, but this time it was different.

"I didn't know you wanted so bad to get rid of me Amelia." he joked as he approached her, placing his hands on her waist and getting lost in those ocean-blue eyes "Because if so, I have to remind you we will still live in the same house." He leaned closer and kissed her, and butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

"Excuse me?" Alejandro cleared his throat as he and Luna walked into his room "Sorry for interrupting this cute, inappropriate moment but we need to go or we are going to run late."

Amelia and Derek laughed as she stepped back before Derek spoke "First there is a thing named 'knocking the door' and secondly I am ready, we can leave." He gave a last look in Amelia's direction before stepping out of his room and following Alejandro downstairs, in silence.

Amelia remained in his room with Luna for a moment. "How are you feeling that he is going to graduate tonight?" Luna asked

"Honestly I don't know. Weird? Happy for him sure, but more things too I can't explain right now." She sighed "Having him by my side, and watching him grow into a strong and powerful adult –even if I hadn't known him since the day he or I was born– was the best gift you could ever give me mom. H-He has changed so much, like sometimes I think back to how he was when he was only fifteen and I swear it's not the same person."

"See, you may at first disagree with that marriage but look what it offered you. A life full of happiness and joy. Of course, you have your upside downs but look at you Amelia, look where you are now. Not only did Derek grow up into a strong man but you too into a woman," a tear streamed down her cheek but she didn't mind, there were tears of joy "Both of you had your demons, but once you found each other, you just become a better version of yourselves, and I am so proud of both of you."

"Mom, If you are crying now what are you going to do at my graduation?" Amelia joked "Come we are gonna be late." Amelia wore a pair of white jeans and a black oversized T-shirt. Her hair was up into a ponytail as she had applied some mascara and lipstick. Her dress was exactly the opposite of Derek's but black suited her as well, while it made the perfect contrast with the light color of her skin and her blue eyes.

"I didn't break any rules, dad!" Amelia and Luna heard Derek whisper-yell to his father as they climbed down the stairs. "You just forgot to knock on the door, it's not my fault."