ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ

......

Three days were left before schools started again and daily stress and pressure returned. However, it was one of the most amazing and relaxing Christmas breaks students had ever had. It was the first time in ages that teachers hadn't given them homework or anything to do during the break. It was a dream for every teenager from which they would never want to wake up, but here is the thing; everything good ends sometime, whether we want it or not. Especially when something seems so good to be true, it always has the worst ending.

A day had passed from Derek's and Amelia's date but none of them had mentioned it since then. It was a special moment that would forever stay in their memory giving them courage to believe and continue. They didn't mention anything because they knew how precious it was for each of them, they didn't have to make it clear, it was obvious. The best moments anyway, were when you were in the arms of your favorite person, not exchanging a word, staring at the sky, in silence, hearing only your heavy breaths and heartbeat. Because silence could say so much more, either that everything was perfect or everything was broken.

It was a few hours after lunch hour, and Amelia was sitting on the couch, with fire on the fireplace, to replace all the coldness there was inside the house with a warm atmosphere, watching T.V. While she was watching a random reality show that was playing once she opened the T.V, the couch vibrated by a notification on her phone. She picked it up and unlocked it. It was Stiles.

S: Hey. Are you busy today?

A: No, I haven't planned anything.

She typed quickly. Amelia and Stiles had come really close during the year. Except for the moments she had and the time she was spending with Derek, she was also hanging out with Stiles. It was one or two times they had gone for a walk during the break and it was a lot of fun. They had a lot in common, and a really good time together, so nothing stopped them from hanging out more often —except Derek who got jealous sometimes.

S: Wanna hang out?

A small smile appeared on Amelia's lips. Thank God.

A:Yes please. I am so bored today.

S: Tell Derek to entertain you.

A: Lmao, shut up Stiles. Come and pick me up at seven.

S: Alright, see you then.

She closed her phone and returned her attention back to the show she was watching, being more focused than before. It was one of those games where you had to answer correctly the questions they asked you to win money. An easy way to become rich. She thought. Were these people actually taking the amount of money they won? Or was it a lie only to entertain the audience? You'll never know until you want to participate. And one more thing, how all these people knew all these things. Thoughts like that were running in Amelia's head every time she was watching these kinds of shows.