ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

......

It was late at night when Amelia and Stiles arrived at a park, not far away from their homes. Amelia needed a way to relax, to forget about Derek and their relationship these past weeks; she needed a friend. Stiles opened the car door for her and she walked out of the car, giving him a small smile of appreciation. Amelia had never hung out with Stiles before, but he seemed so good and kind to be by her side —especially now. No matter if she could talk to Scott about Derek she was trusting Stiles more at that moment.

Amelia closed the door behind her and followed Stiles wherever he was going. They found a wooden table in the middle of the park and sat there, as Stiles went back to the car to bring some snacks. It was the perfect time to get to know each other and create a bond that would never be broken. Amelia felt that their personalities would make the perfect match.

Stiles came back with a variety of snacks, chips, and juices. When she saw him, a huge smile drew itself on her lips. He placed them on the table and Amelia, without a second thought, grabbed a bag of chips and opened it.

"Oh, finally I'm starving," she said, eating a chip from the bag. "Do you want one?" She asked Stiles

"Nah, I have mine." He responded and Amelia shrugged, continuing eating hers.

"So, what's going on between you and Derek?" Stiles questioned curious, remembering the look on Derek's face when he saw him earlier, outside their house, waiting for Amelia.

"I'm not gonna lie so, no we are not okay," Amelia replied, averting her gaze and letting it drop to the ground beneath her feet. This question made goosebumps rise to her skin and she felt a knot in her stomach too. The injustice was running through her veins, increasing with every passing second.

"May I ask why?" He said, trying not to press on the subject.

"To be honest I don't know either, it's complicated," she said and started to explain how things had become so weird between her and Derek. She told Stiles how much he'd been ignoring her for approximately two weeks. She also pointed out that she did nothing wrong and she couldn't understand why Derek was treating her that way. He may have been under a lot of pressure, Amelia said but both of them knew that this was just an excuse that Amelia was telling to herself in the hopes of comforting her own thoughts and uneasiness on the matter.

"So," Stiles started, "Derek started to ignore you out of nowhere?" What Amelia had just told him didn't impress him much; Derek was always mean to him as though he didn't like him, but he never thought that Derek could do the same to his own sister, for who he cared a lot, as Stiles had noticed.

Amelia lay on the table, exhaling and Stiles lay next to her. Both of them looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. The night sky was such a wholesome sight, appearing like magic at each sunset, promising to return as it faded in dawn's first light. There were times in the daytime, under skies of blue, that Amelia would think of those faraway stars and how they would return after the shadows blended into the dark.