ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

......

The days passed pleasantly as Amelia had the best company by her side, and therefore, she started liking the school a little bit more, but she hadn't loved it yet and she would never love it. It was kinda better now though. However, today was a full moon, which should've made Amelia worried since Derek and her step-father were werewolves, but she knew for sure they had the best control.

Nevertheless, Beacon Hills was known for how many werewolves it had centuries ago, but now they had all disappeared because of some hunters. Either they'd been killed or every surviving pack had moved somewhere else. Sometimes Amelia found it awful that little children or innocent families were killed just because they were something different from the average population. On the other hand, she could relate to how scared they were, knowing they lived among creatures like these.

Being a werewolf wasn't always easy and harmless. As Alejandro had told her a few years ago when he was still a teenager, he had to deal with an Alpha — who was the strongest werewolf and the leader. He was killing people all the time or biting innocent children just to get them into his pack. The Alpha was out of control, his only purpose was to kill as many as he could. A lot of hunters died trying to fight with him as Alejandro had multiple serious injuries which sometimes took a lot of time to heal. So, as you can see, there was a bad side and a good side to this thing.

Amelia heard a knock on her door when she snapped out of her thoughts. She was lying on her bed wearing her pajamas, a pair of blue shorts, and one of the shirts she had stolen from Derek. It was the weekend, after all, so she had plenty of time to relax.

"Hey, are you busy?" Derek asked her. He was wearing his pajamas too, but it wasn't anything different, just another set of black clothes.

"No. What is it?" Amelia asked curiously.

"I'm just going for a walk in the park and since I don't want to go alone I was wondering if you wanted to come." He shrugged giving her a small smile.

"Just say that you only want some company because you are bored to go alone." She joked. Emphasizing the word.

"Well, yes that's what I want actually, and because you are my sister you will do it," he said sarcastically and went downstairs to wait for her.

Amelia rolled her eyes and closed her door to change clothes. She put on a pair of dark blue jean shorts and a red crop top, which matched her ginger hair perfectly. She brushed her hair and put on some mascara and perfume. She went downstairs and saw Derek sitting on the sofa and waiting for her.

"I am ready," she said and he turned to face her.

"Did you put on perfume?" He raised an eyebrow

"Of course I did. So many boys out there it's—"

"I am not having this conversation right now," He said trying to be serious but Amelia could see the small smile which had just appeared on his face.

Other girls would find it annoying to have an overprotective brother, but Amelia loved it —most of the time. Not only because it was the only way —well not the only actually— Derek showed his love for her but because she was glad that she had a brother who was capable of kicking the ass of anyone who hurt her. So yes, she preferred him being overprotective than not giving a fuck for her.